Pages

Friday, November 1, 2019

there's room for maybe just one more

Why doesn't Dracula have any children?
Because he has a hollow weenie.

*GROAN*

My high school science teacher told us that joke and thought it was just the funniest thing, while we all just looked blankly at him.  But damn if I don't think of it every Halloween. 

I filled up a bowl with the candy I'd bought and thought it didn't seem like enough, so I picked up some more candy.  I should've stuck with the original.  It was a very low traffic Halloween night as was expected because of all the snow and cold.  We were generous with the handouts, but still...

At around 8-ish, I declared, "next bunch gets the whole bowl!". 

There was no next bunch, so Magnum's office gets the leftovers. 



I've mentioned here that we have one of those Ring®️ Doorbells.  I learned that there's a snooze feature that allows stopping notifications for when there's a lot of expected activity.  The goblins were so few and far between, I didn't see the need to snooze. 

The groups who visited were mostly two or three older kids trick-or-treating together, or very little kids with parents waiting in the shadows.  I did rather enjoy this group that accompanied a young boy of about 8 years.  They were all dressed up and even brought the dog 🐶
The adults in the group spotted the doorbell cam, hence the wave.



In other news, while on my candy run, I decided to get that flu shot yesterday.  The pharmacist upsold me a tetanus shot too.  She also sold me on a shingles vaccine, but I said I'd do that next week because I didn't feel like a 3-for.

I'm wanting to get this stuff done before the end of the year since our health insurance provider is changing, and we don't know the details yet.  I scheduled a tooth filling for later this month as I wanted to get that other bum tooth all taken care of before returning to regular programming. 

The tooth hole seems to be healing, but it's a weird feeling.  For so long I had a dull ache from that tooth, now it's gone.  When I'd get my heart rate up slightly, I could feel my pulse in that tooth, and that's gone too.  I could gauge my heart rate from my tooth, it was like a built-in monitor. 

What am I supposed to do now?!  Nevermind, I can get used to this.




7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We had a dozen left out of 108 full size bars. Thankfully I do not like the candy left so I'm in a good place for once. :-)
I will now think of that joke every Halloween too, gee thanks.
I'm getting my flu shot tonight after work. I have had the shingle vaccine. They have a new and better one and the dr told Rick to get it since he has had shingles and even the 1st vaccine. This one I guess is very expensive. The dr. suggested since he has had the old vaccine to wait until he is on medicare because it is covered under medicare. He only has to wait until May so he'll do it. He says shingles was the most painful thing he has ever endured. But he whines when he has the sniffles so who know...tee hee

LL Cool Joe said...

I was here all alone in the house last night (nothing new) but because we live out in the sticks no one bothered to ring on the door bell. I wouldn't have answered if they had. I think they knew that so didn't even bother. :D

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh and I meant to say I had Shingles once, I thought I was going to die. I didn't as you can tell.

Abby said...

Peggy, my dr. also advised the shingles vaccine but said, yes, it's expensive so I should check my insurance first. Flu shot pharmacist was able to confirm that it's covered. I'll be back. Sheesh, ya think you're done with shots in elementary school!

Joey, I've heard shingles is awful and don't care to find out first hand. Glad you didn't die.

ShadowRun300 said...

Happy Halloween! No snow here, but blustery, cold winds. Glad I didn’t have to trick or treat.
I saw the doc a few weeks ago for a pain in my neck that’s been going on way too long. Just happened to be the week before my 50th birthday. Needless to say, I got all the “Since you’re near 50, you should consider...”. The flu shot, shingles shot, and pnemonia shot were amongst the many she listed. 45 minutes later, we got to my neck. She had nothing to offer for that.
Anyway, I passed on all the shots, thinking I’ll just take my chances. Fingers crossed!
Congrats on completing Inktober! Love your drawings, and although I may not have lost sleep waiting for you to post them, I have looked forward to seeing them all. The sneakers made me smile. The injured dog did too. :)

Linda Hensley said...

You're an Inktober inspiration! If I follow your trail I'll get them all done 2 yrs from now. I love seeing your drawings and take on the words. I ignored Halloween this year. Kids don't need candy and I always eat the leftovers. I think your HS teacher would have some splaining to do if he were teaching now. How times change.

Abby said...

SR300, too bad your doc gave you all kinds of advice except for the thing that's bothering you. Why is 50 such a "magic" number? My fingers are crossed for both of us!

Linda, I'm glad I made myself complete Inktober. Once OCD got a little streak going, the CSN (can't stop now!) pushed me on through. You're likely right about if my HS teacher told that joke today. Funny, back in those days, he was one for the rumor mill regarding inappropriate relation(s). Who knows?