Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2019

veggie tales

Happy first day of September.  I don't know about anyone else, but I get a little optimistic for no particular reason at the start of a new month.  Maybe it's because I dwell too much on the bad things of the past month?

Plenty of good things happened in August, the dark spot being Tiffany's abrupt and confusing death.  I've mentioned that she inspired me to become vegetarian, but I'd gotten lazy, then returned with renewed gusto when she passed.

Now lemme just say, I'm not trying to be all zealot and preaching readers to convert. Not at all!  Eat what makes you happy.  My blogging about it helps keep me on the path to learning and becoming a better cook.

On that note, I think I've mastered tofu.

I really like tofu dishes in restaurants, but whenever I've prepared tofu dishes at home, the tofu's been, in a word, Ew.

I made myself learn to make restaurant-like tofu, and now it's, Yum!  Here's what I made for lunch a little while ago:


I call it "Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry with Rice, Beans, and Some Kinda Sauce I Threw Together".  On a side note, I made that name up on the fly just now.

In other new-month news, the prompt list for this year's Inktober has just been released.  *rubbing hands together rapidly*.  As I recall, I managed to complete 22 of the 31 drawings last year.  For me, it's a cheap, self-indulgent challenge and a fun way to connect online with other weirdos art hobbyists.  

So I have one month to ponder some ink fun for next month, just in time for crisper temperatures and pumpkin spice everything.  



What are you learning and/or looking forward to this month?




5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Your good looked good - not sure about the Tofu tho.
I am looking forward to cooler weather!
sandie

Abby said...

Chatty, yes, bring on the cooler weather! (but no hurricanes)
Tofu. Tastes like chicken?

Morgan Cartwright said...

I love your Inktober drawings! I look forward to seeing them again.
I am looking forward to all the basic fall things. Haha. :)

Abby said...

Morgan, thanks for the vote of confidence :P. I'm so ready for fall.

Anita said...

I assume that if I backtrack some, I will read about Tiffany. My sincere condolences.

Girl #3 is pretty good at cooking with tofu. She attends college in town. Maybe I'll watch her the next time she uses tofu in her meals.