Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2019

pets and painted shirts


Penny was snoozing in my lap.  Her legs were a-twitching, and I assume she was dreaming. I wonder what she was chasing.

She's actually quite coordinated and athletic, putting her moves on Merlin when they zoom around the backyard.  I'm thinking of taking her for some agility training, not that I want for her to compete, I just think she would LOVE it. 


Illustration Friday was still on "dream" for the prompt, so here's Penny the power poochkin.

And speaking of cute dogs, this is Dixie.  Dixie was my friend Tiffany's dog. Since Tiffany died, Dixie now lives with Tiffany's parents, and her mom posted this on fbook a couple of days ago.


It was Dixie's 13th birthday, and they were celebrating "in the manner to which she is accustomed".

And yes, that is a typical-sized cupcake.  Dixie is teeny tiny - not much bigger than a guinea pig.



This morning, I enjoyed a lovely bike ride and ended up going by our city's small private liberal arts college.  It's a nice campus, the college is very selective, and the students there are generally intelligent and thoughtful.

As I rode by, I noticed a bunch of t-shirts hanging, like out to dry on a clothesline.



Upon further inspection, I noticed all of the shirts had messages written on them in fabric paint. I don't think there was a specific theme.  They reminded me of those Post Secret postcards.  Some were

  • confessions:  "When my brother came out as gay, I called him a faggot, and I'll regret that for the rest of my life"
  • rants: "F*cking me while I sleep is RAPE!"
  • inspirations: "Don't be afraid of new beginnings..."
  • etc.

What would you write on your shirt?



5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

stop looking at my boobs.

Abby said...

Peggy, HA! Perfect.

Morgan Cartwright said...

I think my t-shirt would say "You have no idea". haha. Because people I've known for a long time really don't know a lot about me. :)

Linda Hensley said...

I've got too much to say to get it on a t-shirt. I like the idea though. Cute Penny drawing :)

Anita said...

Maybe I'd just say Hey, Hello, or Hi... with a smiley face drawn on it. I know that borders on Pollyanna-ish LOL and save my rant for a good therapist or a Post Secret postcard, which by the way, I'd forgotten about them, and you know I love postcards.