Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2019

broken [fill in the blank]

Welp, this last week has featured a broken vehicle (my fault) and a broken heart (Meego's) in addition to all of our broken trees.  Being a clutterphobe, I'm a Marie Kondo fan, and who's gonna complain about Jesus? (Don't answer). So this meme struck me as relevant for me this week.



But I'm not here to whine, but rather to look on the bright side.  Plus, I don't want to talk about the bonehead move that left us short one vehicle.  I will say that I'm glad I've been a bicycle commuter for some time now, so even the crap winter weather we've had didn't majorly hamper my getting around.

Meego's missing the girlfriend he broke up with when he left for college last fall.  She wanted to try to make the long-distance thing work as she still had a year left of high school here, but he was reluctant.  They'd usually get together when he came home for visits, but he admits he sometimes blew her off.  She was trying, but then gave up a couple of weeks ago.  Now he's home for summer and feels the breakup was a mistake.  He's apologized, but she's understandably reluctant and won't see him, and he's kicking himself.  Ah, life lessons!  And a reminder that I would NOT want to go back to the high school years!

All of our deciduous trees took a hit in last week's storm, as did trees all over town.  When stuff like this happens, it's nice to see neighbors helping each other out.  We're not sure if we're going to have someone come out and shred our downed branches or have them hauled away.  All of the "tree people" are so busy right now, we figure we can wait for the dust to settle.  In the meantime, we're just tidying up and moving the severed limbs to an area on the side of the house because I don't want the trees to have to see them.  Yeah, go ahead and laugh at me for that, you won't be the first.  

Magnum's out there now with his new toy saw.  I'm going out now to help make a nice hidden joy-sparking pile.  




9 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

My son's friend's girlfriend broke up with him a couple weeks ago and is just devastated. I would NOT want to go back to those days either.
I am sorry for all that mess the storm made.
Sandie

Abby said...

Sandie, thanks the mess is slowly getting less messy. Yes, breakups are rough. Sorry about your son's friend.

Linda Hensley said...

The first breakup is the worst. My sympathies to Meego, though if he was blowing her off was he really that invested in her? Maybe he should look around a little? I completely understand about moving the tree limbs away from the trees. Good for you for being sensitive about such things! :) I hope you have a great holiday weekend and don't spend all of it on trees.

LL Cool Joe said...

Poor Meego. Long distance love is never easy. Geez I've kinda had that kinda love for 32 years.

So it's a holiday weekend in the States too?

Do you hug trees? :D Kidding!

Abby said...

Linda, yeah, Meego's kicking himself for not treating her better. He did look around some... "but no one compares to Sarah". Ah, youth and the first breakup. Glad you understand about the trees ;).

Joey, after a time, a little long distance isn't such a bad thing? Once in a while :). I don't hug trees, I just sympathize with them? Yes, it's Memorial Day weekend in the US. What are you celebrating across the pond?

ShadowRun300 said...

I’m sorry you broke your car, and very sorry for Meego’s broken heart, and just as sorry for the broken trees. At least Meego will likely look back and realize this heartbreak was for the best. What I don’t like is how much my heart breaks when my kids’ do. So even though I’m thankfully long past the dating age, I still feel the pain. :(

Abby said...

SR300, yeah, broken hearts are part of our growth, but tough for us moms to watch. I appreciate my mom more now for her putting up with my teen self.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby you must come to my home and declutter me. I think I need your services. :-)

Abby said...

Peggy, I love mess!