Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

a good day for cartel burritos


We don't celebrate Mother's Day, but by not celebrating, it turns into an "event" of sorts anyway.

We had a little family get-together this weekend because Magnum's dad and step-mom were in town for a short visit.  Wolfgang and Meego came down from the  north, and Chaco and his girlfriend joined us and the in-laws for a nice dinner out on Saturday.

Thankfully the snow and its cold friends had moved on by then.

But as much as I love being a mom, Mother's Day, to me, is a Hallmark holiday.  I don't care to get caught up in that, and the kids know it so they happily comply.

Plus, Meego was born on a Mother's Day, and that's a pretty tough act to follow.

So it was a nice weekend that included all our kids, each of them acknowledging the not Mother's Dayness. 

When Meego and Wolfgang arrived, they were hungry and our fridge was rather empty, so Wolfgang suggested some "Cartel burritos". 

There are several Mexican restaurants in town that are known for their authentic Mexican food.  The restaurants themselves have very little of what would be considered ambiance, and the employees speak hardly a lick of English - both good signs that the food is good.  Further confirmation comes from the fact that Mexican construction workers flock to these places during their lunch breaks.

Recently, all the restaurants were found to allegedly have ties to El Chapo, drug lord extraordinaire, as part of a drug money laundering network.  Sheesh, like something out of "Breaking Bad".




















The investigation is focused on the food distributor.  Thankfully, the restaurants are still in full operation, so we had some good Cartel Burritos and El Chapo Taquitos.


Five stars.




9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

ooh I think I'd love Cartel Burritos and Tl Chapo Tquitos. :-) What a hoot. Glad you had a nice day.

Larz said...

Taco Star burritos are seriously amazing.

Chatty Crone said...

I like Mexican food, but it does not like me.

Abby said...

Peggy, Thanks. And yes, they're yummy :)

Larz, It could almost be said, they're addictive?

Chatty, ah well, sorry about that!

Riot Kitty said...

Good God! At first I thought you were joking...I can't say our favorite taco place here is that interesting. And I'm just fine with that.

ShadowRun300 said...

Cartel burritos. :). Glad it hasn’t shut down your local restaurants.
Mother’s Day was a good excuse for us to get together with the middle boys that live around here. Chip was going to fix me lunch, but at the last minute realized his oven didn’t work... so we went out to eat, and mom and dad paid. Hmmm... now that I think about it, that may have been his plan all along. Either way, it was nice to celebrate without hallmark. I’m with you on that.

Abby said...

RK, I know, right? It does sound like a joke, but apparently not. But the food is to die for. Wait...

SR300, sounds like a nice Mother's Day for you too, and possibly his plan all along. You raised a smart one :)

LL Cool Joe said...

We did't celebrate Mother's Day at all here in the UK as it's in March and well and truly over. I've never been a fan of the day for numerous reasons.

Abby said...

Joey, I did love my mom, so I didn't mind having a day set aside for her, but I'm not a fan of all the material hype and "required" gifts, flowers, etc.