Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

a quarter in

Here we are, into the second quarter of 2019.  I came across this chart recently, so how are your resolutions going?


No big surprises here, and actually, like myself, most people I talked to didn't make any resolutions.  But we still think about these things, right?  Of this list, I've worked on 4 and 7 this year.  The save-more-spend-less was more of a nice side effect of the decluttering.  Of course, I did fork over some cash to haul some of that crap away.

And I'd say I've been reading more - so much better than scrolling social media.



On that note, I've noticed things popping up in my Pinterest feed that have nothing to do with things I've searched or pinned on Pinterest, but have searched elsewhere.  For example, I'm suddenly getting things having to do with dental surgery and root canals on my Pinterest feed?  Sheesh, the big eyes are all watching and they're all in cahoots!

Merlin is proving to be the best doggie.  I always wonder about these shelter pets of questionable beginnings.  All of our dogs have been shelter dogs with unknown backgrounds.  If only they could talk.

Penny is playful and affectionate, but also cowers on occasion.  If I bring out a broom or such, she takes off and goes into hiding mode.  She still gets pensive if I take her somewhere in the car - like I'm taking her away to abandon her.  Maybe I need to take her for rides more often and to more fun places?

It's clear that Merlin has spent time with humans who taught him a few things.  He readily sits for treats or to put on a leash, and he seems to be housebroken. Here he is after I put on his new harness.  He looked so proud and happy to be wearing it, all, "take a pic!"



He's a bit awkward, though, going out for walks.  He's not quite sure what to do when we encounter others, but we're working on it.  The other day, we came across an older man pushing a couple of toddlers in a stroller.  Grandpa maybe?  I pulled over with Merlin and had him sit as they passed.  I could tell Merlin wanted to bark and investigate, but was working to stay put.  

Grandpa man looks at Merlin, and, "WOOF  WOOF!"

Dude, not helping.


5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Okay Merlin is damn adorable!! Is he a puppy? Or is that as big as he gets? Beautiful dog. Dogs like kids just want structure, discipline and love. Penny will see that broom will never hurt him at this house and probably stop that. Izzy loves rides in the car. They allow dogs in Homedepot so I took her with me. Oh my goodness all the new smells, she loved it. She was very good too, never left my side. So I tried it at the pet store - never again. She went nutso there so we left. Too much stimuli I think.

Abby said...

Peggy, the shelter estimated Merlin to be about a year old. We don't expect him to get much taller/ longer, but he's very skinny right now. Izzy likes Home Depot! I could see how a pet store could be to much, though!

Larz said...

He's such a good looking dog!

Abby said...

Larz, that he is! And a great personality to boot!

Lorraine said...

Merlin is so cuuuute!!!