Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

little dogs and little cars

I think I may have shoveled a ton of snow.  I said that to someone as an exaggeration, but doing a little mental math, it's not out the question.

But the best part of the storm was playing with Penny.  Maybe she thinks she's a sled dog?  I scooped out her pen a "few" times, otherwise she would have disappeared under the drifts.  Can you tell she's smiling?


Schools are closed again today - three days in a row for those kids!  I managed to get out yesterday, but it wasn't pleasant.  A while back, I mentioned my Grandma car?  It's small and economical and easy to zip in and out of parking spaces.  But it's sh*t in the snow.  And that's assuming I can even get it out of the driveway.

Here's a screen capture from our Ring doorbell, with my neighbor mocking me in his old but reliable  4x4.


But check out that clean driveway.  I'm chalking it up as a major accomplishment of 2019.  Thing is, I can't get my car out of the garage if there's more than a few inches of snow on the driveway, and there was quite a bit more than a few inches.  

Ironically, I "needed" to get out yesterday to pick up a package from Amazon at the Whole Foods locker.  We're given 2 days to pick up deliveries, so I had to get it yesterday, or it would be returned.  But it's only about a mile away.  Normally, I'd just walk, but that would've been like trekking Antarctica, figured I'd have better luck on the road.  

I smoothly drove across my pristine driveway, and that was the last of the smooth rolling.  Roads were mucked up to say the least.  The one-mile trek was exciting.  

Additionally, my car has other issues.  There is some body damage from before I got it.  One was a dangling panel underneath that was no longer serving a purpose.  I cut it off because repairing it (a second time) would cost more than what the car is worth.  Secondly, there is a MOST annoying problem of the door locks randomly becoming stuck in the locked position with no rhyme nor reason.  This happened yesterday when I tried to leave Whole Foods.  Thankfully, I finally got the dang thing unlocked, but JEEZ!  

Maybe Mother Nature is trying to tell me something.  As I've mentioned, I don't drive a whole lot, but when I do, it's often because of bad weather.  My neighbor with the old but reliable 4x4 above has two Jaguars in his garage.  I'll take a reliable 4x4 without the Jags.






In other news, I'm slated to go "under the drill" this afternoon to fix the bum tooth.  I don't even care about saving it, I just want it out of my head at this point.

I did finish the snowday doodles to help keep my mind off things like bum teeth and car traps.

I think I'll name this piece "Bomb Cyclone"

9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm with you Abby, I'd take the 4x4 over the jag.
Good name for this piece. It kind of looks like teeth. Maybe you were thinking about your bum tooth. Hope you feel better soon!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

btw, that driveway job is mighty impressive!

Abby said...

Margaret, thanks, and now that you mention it, I do see teeth... and pain... and nerve endings...

Linda Hensley said...

I hope the tooth is satisfactorily fixed and pain-free now. I love your snow doodle. My first thought was it would make a great t-shirt. Congrats on conquering the snow!

Abby said...

Linda, thanks - a t-shirt, hmmm. Maybe since I never learned to tie-dye.

ShadowRun300 said...

By now your tooth should be pain free. I hope that’s the case! If so, I’m sure everything looks a bit brighter. Tooth pain is the worst.
Nice work on your driveway! You could give the snowplows a few tips. Seems like we’ve turned the corner to spring around here. Hopefully won’t be long for you!

Abby said...

SR300, sort of change of plan on the tooth, but at least it feels better at the present. We've had great weather since the blizzard. Let's hope it holds for both of us!
On a side note, someone had to be rescued off the Incline DURING the blizzard! What were they doing up there?!

ShadowRun300 said...

Oh no! Even I know that’s not a good idea. Perhaps he needed it to be a little more challenging. If so, he wasn’t up to it.

Abby said...

SR300, not a whole lot of details given on the Incline rescue, just that the call came in around 3pm after we'd been in the storm for several hours, and it took 18 responders. I'm thinking someone thought it might be an adventure? Maybe get some cool blizzard pics from the top?