Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

the land of misfits and toys

We had a rather uneventful weekend, and I'm not complaining.  I continue to improve from my "winter sport" injury.  The winter sport:  just walkin' around.  Oh well, as I remember, the last time I was similarly injured, it happened while I was hanging laundry, so there's that.

This week's prompt at Illustration Friday is "Electronic".  As I've been organizing and tidying, I'm unearthing a few old things like inoperable toys.  RC car parts anyone?

As I've been focused on discarding things, I've also been abstaining from acquiring new stuff.  I did break down last week and get a new case for my drawing toys.  I justified it by getting rid of an old case that made for a disorganized mess.




As I shopped online for the new case, I naturally read the reviews.  It soon became apparent that a good number of reviews were written by adolescents.  Fine, such are my hobby peers.  I like the case though, so thanks, kids.





Today is quite wintry outside.  Most schools are closed for the holiday, but kids (my peers?) would probably have gotten snowday otherwise.  I was thinking I might fit in some time at the gym since my range of motion has improved from a week ago when putting on my socks could count as a "workout".
 




       Back outside?













            Or inside among the furs?








Decisions, decisions.




7 comments:

Annsterw said...

That case rocks and you definitely deserve one you love since you are so uber talented in the drawing arena!!! If you are asking for votes - I vote you stay safe and stay among the furs!!! no need to get cold or cause another accident...rest until Spring!!! Hugs Abby!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh, I'd take the dog and the sofa any day!
Now if you find a way to get hurt while drawing inside you may need to see someone. :-)

Chatty Crone said...

I am voting for the couch and the warm fur!!!!!!!!!!

Abby said...

Ann, thanks 😊. Wake me when it's spring?

Margaret, getting hurt while drawing inside my house - I'm not gonna rule anything out!

Chatty, the couch and furs usually present an effective campaign!

LL Cool Joe said...

Somehow I reckon you chose the outside rather than the couch!

Like the new pencil case. Very organised.

ShadowRun300 said...

Glad to hear you’re feeling a little better! I know first hand how painful falls can be. :(
I like the idea of spending time among the furs. Just this past weekend we lost Tiger. He had heart and kidney failure, and was just miserable towards the end. Sad time for us, as you well know. So love those fur babies! And give them a little pat from me.

Abby said...

Joey, actually I both went outside AND hit the couch!

SR300, falls aren't so bad, it's the landings... ;)
So sorry about Tigger, yes I know what a sad time it is. He had a good life thanks to you all.