Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

it's shop o'clock somewhere

Today is sort of an unofficial official back-to-the-grind.  Magnum had a full two weeks off from work due to holidays and accrued vacation.  This was one of the reasons we decided it was puppy time.

College boy Meego gets a whole month off due to life of a college kid.  It's not really enough time to get a job unless he had something lined up (he didn't), but almost seems too long (he's not complaining).

As for me, I've actually had a nice trickle of tutees in the days since Christmas, but not enough to usurp the slug time.  Working for oneself makes it easy to go with the flow, whatever that flow may be.




So Christmas is not even full two weeks past, and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting "special deals!" offers in my email.  I don't really like to shop as it is, let alone after the national over-consumption holiday.

From the suggested offers, I'm thinking there's a new year's resolution theme going on.  Deals include reduced gym memberships as well as fitness related gear.  They tryna tell me something?

One offer I got suggested a running belt.  I don't have a running belt and haven't felt a need for one.  I don't like to carry stuff  - including my phone - with me when I go running, but I could see a thing being handy for short hikes and walks.  I've tried the armband phone cases and have determined that they are best suited for people with decent sized arms... which I do not have.

I was half-heartedly perusing running belts and their associated reviews when I came across this top rated review and got a kick out of it.


SOURCE




Cute review.  But I'm still not buying it.  The emails can feel free to stop.


10 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I will never run so no need. I walk a ton and I don't even take a phone. I don't like not being able to hear all around me. I don't like having to worry about it if I lean over and it drops and I don't notice. (happened once long ago) Although having a phone at times would be prudent, it's just my thing.
Yes, I am getting emails for diets and pelotons. I'd love a Peloton when I went to see the cost the first webpage told me they had financing. If most need financing I can't afford it right now. :-)

Chatty Crone said...

I bet you can't guess I am not a runner either - lol. But I am so glad school is back in session. LOL Don't you feel things are on sale ALL THE TIME. All the ads drive me crazy. I do need a diet tho - just can't afford it right now. sandie

Annsterw said...

LOL! Interesting review! I have a few of the runner belts and I always wear in on my pants and not directly on my skin so I guess that makes me a chubby girl too! HA HA!

Abby said...

Margaret, that's the thing, I don't listen to my phone when I'm outside, but if I'm out hiking in the boonies, it's good to have it along. I've only ever seen Pelotons in advertisements. Does anyone actually buy them?

Chatty, a whole month off is so LONG. It's nice having him home, but at the same time, it'll be nice when he's back to work.

Ann, I appreciate reviews like the one from Chubby Chic. I'm not gonna buy a belt, but thanks for the entertainment :)

Ginny said...

I like the running/yoga pants that have little pockets built in so you can keep your phone or a credit card.

Abby said...

Ginny, me too! (wearing a pair right now while just sitting here...)

ShadowRun300 said...

Those college kids get so much time off for the holidays! At least Mario had a job lined up when she came home (same one she had in high school), so she picked up as many hours as she could. Even though she was busy, I think she was happy to get back to school.
Love the review, but yeah - still not going to get one. :)

Abby said...

SR300, good for Mario! Meego's technically employed, but his work - school supply kits - hibernates all winter.

LL Cool Joe said...

My daughter has a running belt, which looks very much like a bum bag to me. Sorry fanny pack, but without the bulge. Okay seriously I'm going to shut up now.

Abby said...

Joey, that's the main appeal to me from the running belt. I don't like walking around with a bulge.