Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2019

I'm busy, leave a message

First of all, a Penny-Poo update.  She's still the cutest thing in our home (don't tell the cat).  I think she's growing, or maybe I'm just getting used to having such a small pooch.  Here she is doing her best Sears catalog pose a la ...


SOURCE



Who wore it better?

In getting her used to the outdoors, we take her on short "hikes", which means baby jaunts on the path by our house.  She's pretty leery of strangers, and high tails it when she hears another dog doing something as sinister as... barking.  But she's young, she'll get there.  

She's got plenty of energy, though.  I see much hiking in her future.

In thinking about it, today was a lovely day, feeling like early spring, and I found myself with no appointments.  I decided I deserved a break and took a little solo hike.  Good decision.

I came across a few others who had the same idea, but the trail was mostly quiet.  At various points on my route, I spotted these huge dog prints...


... but never came across the dog they came from.  Slightly larger-than-average woman's foot included for reference.

And I wasn't feeling all that secluded.  I was on a trail near the Air Force Academy, and cadets were literally dropping in.  See 'em?



I also tried to get a shot of a glider and tow plane, shortly after release:


All in all, a nice couple hours of solitude and recharging.




Who can relate?


6 comments:

Carmen Marie Shelley said...

I need about equal amounts of time with people and time by myself. I'm perfectly content to putter about my home with a cup of hot, black coffee, preferably in my pajamas and warm, cozy robe. I also love getting to know people. I like to listen to their stories. I have friends who seem to generate energy which they share with me. I like to recharge my batteries with them sometimes. So I'm equally introvert/extrovert.
Life is good. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

AMEN!
Penny is so dang cute. I think my dog's paw would be that size. She is an English Lab which makes her shorter and stockier than the American Lab. But she still has 4 big webbed feet...err, paws!
I know it sounds crazy but I love my long walks with my dog. Yesterday we went through the woods and all these trails. She enjoys it so much and it really makes me feel better too. I don't bring a phone and everyone yells at me. I don't want to talk on the phone, look at the phone, interrupted by a phone. I can survive an hour or a bit more without it. I want to be one with my dog and nature, why is that bad? I also like to be aware of things around me. Can't be aware if ear buds are in. So I'm with you.
I did not have al those guests dropping in though. :-)

Chatty Crone said...

Penny is much prettier than the model! She is beautiful.

I like to stay home and I like to go out and I try to do both every day.

Abby said...

Maria, I can relate to that - a good balance between extro- and intravert!

Margaret, well of course I had to google English labs! I think I met one on the trail. Nice doggie!
I've just started to bring my phone on walks, and only if I'm gone for more than an hour. But I turn the ringer off. Ear buds outside? Never!

Chatty, same here! Except the grocery store. I think I've developed an aversion!

ShadowRun300 said...

Thanks for the update on Penny! What a sweetie she seems to be.
That poor alien looks an awful lot like me everyday after work. I “human” all day long and can’t wait for some quiet alone time. Too much alone time drives me bonkers though. So I need the mix.

Abby said...

SR300, yep, the mix seems to be the consensus. Glad to see no unabombers among us!