Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

wish you were here


Spring break - woooooo, we're rippin' it!

Okay, actually so far, I've spent most of spring break going up and down the interstate, but it's all good.

We got Wolfgang moved up north late last week, and that trip was bookended by a band trip Meego took to Disneyland.  At least someone in the family is having a proper vacation.

We had to get Meego to the Denver airport at 3:30am on Thursday.  Is 3:30am early morning, or still nighttime?  It's kind of a grey area.  But he made it right on time - not like there's much traffic at that time.

They returned Sunday night/Monday morning at about 1:00am.  Again, not a whole lot of "rush hour" going on.

As expected, the kids had a good time.  They marched in the Disney parade, but really it was mostly a way to go play in L.A. and Disneyland for four fun-filled days.

I did not chaperone the trip.  It sounded too much like work.

I asked Meego if there was any trip drama, and he said there was none that he knew of other than some "Chaperone drama".  Apparently one of the chaperones was a bit uptight, but we'll just leave it at that because she lives about two houses away from us...

I've heard they did a nice job at the parade and "represented the school well".  The dress code for the trip created some frowns - for instance the requirement for "tasteful" sleep and swimwear.  One that caught my eye was the requirement that everyone wear "jeans with no holes".  I don't think any of the girls owned jeans with  no holes prior to the trip.  They pay good money for those holey jeans.



I have not been able to get any pics or videos of their parade performance, however.  Geez, how hard is it to get a bootleg footage from a Disney performance?! (quite difficult).  So I can only imagine the thrilling expressions as in the photo above from a football game - same enthusiasm as a Disney parade, I'm sure.


Mom Life at Denver International


Spring break continues for the rest of this week.  With all that driving and moving and packing and  unpacking behind us, we can get down to some wild times!

...like some spring cleaning and car maintenance.  Time to defrost that freezer too, I guess.

Whachu doing?  Wish you were here.

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Yep not easy to find jeans without holes, even for guys now.

Enjoy your Spring break!

Abby said...

True. Intact jeans are so yesterday.

ShadowRun300 said...

We went to Disney World on a band trip, and I loved it. I don’t remember the parade at all, but I have lotsa memories of all our other fun. I wouldn’t have wanted my mom to chaperone the trip.... I ‘m sure she was thrilled with that.
I get up at 3:30 5 days a week. It’s ok on Monday, but by Friday, it feels like the middle of the night.

Abby said...

You got the Disney trip too?! How fun. We've learned it's a pretty common thing as I think there's a Disney parade every day. Kids get fun memories, Disney gets the cash. win win!
I suppose I could get used to being up at 3:30am if I had to. I have not gotten to that bridge.