Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2018

beyond words

"I want a life where I can grow old with you..."

He wanted to sit close to me at the beach and "watch the waves and the sounds of waters".  Can he see sound?  Oh, never mind.  It was all so romantic, even if biologically improbable.

"I want to be with you when the sun shines till it set..."

My lover and I met as many do.  We were matched together by the powers that be.  It was out of our control, really.

"I want to watch the rainbows with you and count the star with you..."

Hmmm... just count the one star?  Oh well, at least the rainbows are plural. 

"I just wish to have the best of love with you"

Gosh, me too.  Sadly, however, it wasn't meant to be.  Really, it ended almost as it was just starting.  I don't even know what happened.  We'd been getting along so well, we were so right for each other.  He would make a move, then I would respond perfectly, the tension building with neither of us knowing what the next encounter would bring.

Until... until...



Wha...?

Dude!  I'm just here to play Words With Friends.  And I actually prefer to play Words With Friends with strangers because the app does a good job of matching me with similarly skilled opponents.  And when I play with actual friends, I find I don't try as hard unless they're beating the crap out of me, so I'm just here to play Words With Friends with strangers!  I'm not here to grow old or count a star, etc.!

Plus, if you want me to go to the beach with you and watch the sounds of waters, I'd prefer you didn't have a bug-eyed cat as your profile pic... not that I'm that trusting of profile pics in general, but no bug-eyed cats, K?


...He was good at Words With Friends, though.  Damnit.

Good luck to him.

Maybe next time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Mama Kat this week for the prompt:
1. Write a blog post that ends with the line: maybe next time.



8 comments:

May said...

Well, that certainly intensified rapidly! No bug-eyed cats, K? Oh, my gosh, I laughed so hard. Then I rapidly swung to being creeped out. In the end, I was mostly laughing with an occasional involuntary shudder! Thanks for sharing!

ShadowRun300 said...

I agree with May - funny but creepy. Does make me wonder though, how many people fall for his romantic lines. Any of them?

Madamdreamweaver said...

corrected: "Okay, that was a weird thing to chat from a random stranger for a game."

Abby said...

You just never know what's gonna show up when that chat notification hits.

Abby said...

It makes me wonder too. That whole message seems like something he frequently cuts and pastes. I mean, c'mon, I live nowhere near any beach!

Abby said...

Now I know why one of my stranger/friends has the username "nochattingmeansno"

Linda Hensley said...

I'm pretty sure he's in Nigeria, or maybe a Russian bot. So sad. Isn't there any actual romanticism left in the world?

Abby said...

Romanticism? What's that?