Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Plant(s)

Greetings blog neighbors, it's Christmas eve. Suddenly. 



This week's prompt at Illustration Friday is "plant", and I guess I was thinking of the abruptness of Christmas' arrival.


At least things are pretty low-key around here for Christmas, which is why I probably tend to nearly forget it until it hits me in the face.


I did get our lights up on the house a week or so ago, so we aren't the Scrooges of the neighborhood, and we got our tree on Friday.




Once again, we got a little live Charlie Brown Tree to later be planted in the yard.  We've done this every year for about 20 years.  Some might wonder about the size of our "grove" by this point.  I have actually googled our previous homes to check on our trees there.  Some are all growed up *sniff*

We've lived in this house for 13 years, but we don't have 13 Christmas trees in the yard.  Our soil here is pretty crap, and despite our best efforts, about half of the trees have gone to Christmas tree heaven.

Here is the newest of the bunch, still hibernating in the garage under the watchful eyes of Ariel and Bella.


And I have enjoyed the time off to get other things done and relax a bit.  Yesterday, Magnum and I went to see Pitch Perfect 3 with Meego and his girlfriend.  It was the fun, lighthearted entertainment I expected.  

Either way, it's gotta be the first chick flick I've ever seen with family, with whom I'm normally subjected to Comic Book / Shoot-em-up movies.  But Meego's girlfriend put in her vote for PP3, so Win!

Now, I gotta go.  I need to decorate the tree, and that will take up a good 4 minutes.  



2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Happy Christmas to you Abby!

Morgan Cartwright said...

Merry Christmas to you! :)