Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Juice

"I'm gonna go down to Meininger's today", he said.  "Wanna come?"

Of Wolfgang's many interests, one that he shares with me is playing with art toys, and Meininger's is the best "toy" store around.

"Okay", I said, "but I'm NOT buying anything!"

It was true.

Wolfgang had a specific pen he was looking for as  he'd told me about Inktober, where the challenge is to make an ink drawing every day during the month of October.

He's going to try.  I'm going to try.

BUT, I have paper, I have pens, the pens have ink.  Enough for every day for a month, if I make it.

As usual it was a fun little outing.  Meininger's is not a "craft" store, it's for true art weirdos.  We fit right in.

And it's been a while since I've done much artwork as that took a backseat to grad school, but alas I have some time to play again.  So I doodled this jar that sits on my desk.

I doodled for Illustration Friday, where the prompt this week is "juice".

I doodled to test out the new pen on the new paper...

that I bought today, when I wasn't going to buy anything.




6 comments:

Jimmy said...

It appears that you have accepted the challenge ;) an ink drawing per day for the whole month of October, I think you can handle it.

LL Cool Joe said...

Good luck with the challenge, I like today's drawing, and that store sounds like the kind of place I'd like to visit.

Abby said...

I think you'd like Meininger's... and vice versa :)

Abby said...

Yes, I accept the challenge! (Easy to say when it's still September)

ShadowRun300 said...

I'm not an artist, but I still love a good pen and a good paper, so I get how difficult it is not to buy when it's there tempting you.
I like your version of juice. :)

Abby said...

I guess I just didn't want to go all the way there for nothing. (My mom's shopping line, I'm using it)