Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

what I did for Christmas break

Christmas day was a lazy one.  It was super duper windy outside, so we all just hung out indoors ALL DAY.  Really, it was continuously gusting around 60 mph.  Several neighbors and I will be talking to the fence guy very soon.

In many ways, it was nice to be holed up in the warm house, since we'd spent the previous night, somewhat out in the elements.  We cooked and ate and cleaned up and lounged around and played board games and watched the Broncos lose.

Wolfgang went full-on cabin fever and cranked out this thousand-piece puzzle we received as a gift, in one sitting.




He admitted that the sky nearly did him in.

I took advantage and got in some enjoyable reading and contemplated future projects.  I decided I should know how to create animated gifs. Not sure why I decided that, it was probably a cabin fever suggestion.

So as the wind howled outside, I decided to learn something and thought of swirling clouds...

... or spinning ones





I suppose it's a start.  Of something not very big.
.

6 comments:

Morgan Cartwright said...

I was watching the same football game. That play by Poe though. I'm not even a Chefs fan, but kinda have to cheer for the hometown team sometimes.

I like the animation. :)

ShadowRun300 said...

Seriously? He cranked it out in one day? That's some cabin fever!
I like your swirling cloud. And I'm impressed that you used the day to learn something new. Seems when I'm forced to stay inside, all I do is pout.

Abby said...

I don't think many of the Broncos appreciated that play, but it was entertaining. I don't follow the NFL that closely, but yes - hometown team and all - so I know what the fans are going on about.

Abby said...

Yeah, he just went hog wild and eventually got to a point where he felt he couldn't NOT finish it.
I'm trying to give up pouting. Doodling clouds helps :)

Kimberly said...

Lazy. Lazy is delicious.
And let me tell you something...I cannot bake Christmas cookies without them turning out to look like nipples (true story) and you can crank out a 1000 piece puzzle of white sky and a gif.
I'm failing somewhere. I need coffee. Sleep. Something. A million dollars probably.
I think you're the best.

Abby said...

Ha! Well, my Christmas cookies don't look like nipples, but they don't really look like cookies either.