Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Rock

I remember the day we brought home the toads.  Meego had been researching and setting up a home for them.  The first pet store we went to had some, but they didn't look particularly healthy, so we went to another.


I remember the employee who helped us.  He said he'd just recently gotten the job and absolutely loved it.  He gathered up three lovely fire-bellied toads and had us fill out the paperwork - yes, there is "adoption" paperwork to complete for fire-bellied toads.



They seem to like it here.  We've had them for almost four years, and they bark and hump each other with happy frequency.  We think they're all males as they each take turns being humpee and humper and the population has remained at three.

This week's prompt at Illustration Friday is "rock".  My first thought was *ZZZZZZ*, but then I thought of the toads.  They are wonderful climbers.  Rock climbers.  Rock Star rock climbers?  In fact, I've named this one Rock, so he gets to star.

.

4 comments:

Ginny said...

I always love your art work. The red accents are a nice touch.

Abby said...

Thanks, the red highlights would be the "fire in the belly" :)

ShadowRun300 said...

Adoption paperwork for toads? That's funny. Of course they ARE rock stars. I can see that now....
Nice job on Rock's portrait. :)

Abby said...

Yes, I even still have the paperwork, in case some toad official ever comes to check our facilities!