Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Silver Liningness Sunday

I think Mother Nature went a little overboard.  Back when we were whining about all the snow and ice and cold?  Well, it's currently close to 80 Fahrenheiting degrees!  I don't think I'm yet ready for the 80s!

But it's definitely the lesser of the evils.  I went out with Good Time Louie for an errand earlier, and we took the long long long way.  I justified it with the fact that the errand was mainly for Wolfgang's benefit, so I was compensating with the use of his bicycle.

Anyways, another good and productive week!  We're at midterm time at school, so some extra projects are due.  Fun stuff, but a bit more time consuming than the usual run of the mill.  My wonderful sewing machine invention has reached another phase gate.  Yesterday, as I was putting the finishing touches on my presentation, I was streaming this Transformer's music score and may have gotten a bit carried away.  I think my sewing machine has taken on some mech warrior attributes.  Perhaps that's the way it should be!

Did anyone celebrate Super Pi Day yesterday?  At the Super Pi Minute?  I did.  NOT!  I protested.  I protested in the name of Pi who does so much for us with so little appreciation!  Oh sure, people acknowledge "Pi Day" and go out and eat pie and stuff while, in the meantime, the U.S. math literacy lags below average internationally.  Viet Nam scores better than we do!

Magnum and I had lunch at a restaurant yesterday.  I know he would've liked some pie, but abstained so as to not deal with my silent wrath of protestation.

So no, I didn't celebrate Pi Day, because to me, every day is Pi Day.  *sniff*

Sorry, just the rantings of a sometimes frustrated tutor.  Excuse me a moment while I go hug the unit circle...

Both Chaco and Wolfgang graced us with their separate presences this week.  Even though they're just down the road, we can sometimes go for weeks without getting together, but then it's nice when they do stop by.

Plus, Wolfgang brought by another Pedal Perks prize that I apparently won for January but never retrieved.  They sent me a "Hey!  Come get your prize, you ingrate!" e-mail last week, so Wolfgang picked it up for me.  It's a cute little USB tail light


Charge it for an hour and a half and it's supposed to provide 6 hours of light.  Let there be light!

.

9 comments:

terri said...

I agree! This seriously early warmth is a little ... surprising. We were underwhelmed with snow this winter (and I think we earned that, paid our dues in years past) but the cold was so unbearably cold. The warmth is welcome, but I don't trust it. There's got to be something wrong with such extreme warmth so early in the year. Still, I'll take it!

I didn't celebrate Pi day. Barely noticed it, really. Besides, it seems our capital city was busy celebrating St. Patrick's Day for the entire weekend, Pi Day kind of got swept under the rug. (I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day either.)

Nice that the boys spent some time at home with the family this week. I don't care how close they are when at school. When you spend all those years raising them up, you'll always miss them when they're not under your roof.

Cool tail light! And it will help you stay visible and safe. Happy cycling!

ShadowRun300 said...

We are having awesome weather too, and I ain't complainin'. Tomorrow will be even better!
I feel awful that I never even realized it was Pi day. Then again, I got a lot going on in my life right now. I'll eat twice as much pie next year. And I'll make sure I'm twice as appreciative!
Glad you got to spend some time with your boys! I'm surprised Wolfgang gave up that nifty bike light, even though you'd earned it. Perhaps he's hoping you'll leave it on Louie....

Abby said...

Yes, your snow dues are paid up for a while!
We had some St. Patty's festivities going on this weekend too. I noticed that I just coincidentally happened to be all greened up yesterday. Good thing I wasn't attempting a silent protest!

Abby said...

We seem to all be on the same weather wavelength. Like, Terri, I'm kinda suspicious.
You're forgiven and excused for forgetting Pi Day! And yes, there was a bit of a "ransom" to get my bike light. Wolfgang wanted some registration cash for some races he wants to run over summer. I agreed with the stipulation that he do no longboarding during race season. The exchange was made successfully.

Linda Hensley said...

I remember Pi Day because it's also a friend's birthday, but I didn't eat pie. Maybe some of your warm weather will make it to Ohio? At least it's warmed up enough to melt a lot of snow. Have a great week!

Ginny said...

Give me 80 degrees!!!!!!!!!! I want the snow to melt.

Abby said...

I'd be happy to donate about 20 degrees or so to Ohio!

Abby said...

You should probably build an Ark first.

Rock Chef said...

I had to laugh at your Pi rant. You are such a geek! But there is nothing wrong with that, the world needs geeks, especially female ones!