Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Silver Liningness Sunday

First of all, I'm loving that extra hour of back-to-standard time.  Wish we could just stay here, but it's not on the ballot.

I'm also having a dumb Sunday.  Other than mud weekend, I've had hardly a Sunday off since the start of the school year.  I'm going to be so dumb today.

As mentioned, we had the maternal in-laws visiting.  Just for the day yesterday.  It was a nice relaxed visit, and we managed to rouse Chaco out of bed to spend dinner and the rest of the evening with us.  Plus, they gave me an artwork "assignment" that looks to be very fun.  Really, I'm just flattered they asked.

Remember that ugly thing on China's ear?  It's gone.  In it's place is this horrendous cone of shame.

You're not seriously gonna put this on the blog are you??

She did fine with the procedure and is healing up by the book post-op.  Kat is very attentive and concerned.  I think the stress is making her fat...

I mentioned how the growth removal put my new bicycle fantasies far in the back of my head?  This morning, I was having a lovely ride with Tessa, who badly needs new tires.  I was thinking I could replace her current ones with some that are a bit wider and thicker - essentially a bicycle boob job.  

Nothing redonkulous, just a little enhancement to make her more of a commuter than the speedster she is.  Although, I do like her speed... compromises.  Either way, new tires will make it kind of like getting a new bike.  

Fresh dog ear, fresh tires = aaaah.
.

15 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I've just spent 5 days with my mother-in-law and survived it!

I'm glad China's ear is healing. I remember all too well the plastic cones our 2 cats wore. Poor things.

terri said...

Glad to hear you had a good visit with the in-laws.

Poor China does NOT look pleased to be wearing that cone, but I know it's a necessary evil in order for her to heal properly.

If new tires will make you happy, you should go for it!

Guano said...

New tires = bicycle boob job. Good analogy.
'Cept you can de-boob the bike pretty easily if you don't like the way the new ones, um, feel.

agg79 said...

Poor China. She does not look all too happy with the cone of shame. I hope she won't have to sport it too long.

Love the new tires = boob job analogy. If it makes you & Tessa happy, then ,by all means, go for it. Tessa will appreciate the extra attention.

Abby said...

Five days?!
The cone on our cat didn't last 2 minutes after her (second) spaying. I took it off to relieve her of the misery. She was too fat to reach her stitches anyway.

Abby said...

I think at this point, China is strangely liking the cone? Like it amplifies all the nasty smells she loves so much?

Abby said...

I never even thought of that...

ShadowRun300 said...

I think it's funny that the cone of shame is stressin' Kat out. I can see our cat reacting the same way.
Congratulations on making it through "the visit". I'd say you're very deserving of a dumb Sunday. As well as a tire job. Be sure to take before and after pictures!

Abby said...

China's supposed to wear the cone for 2 weeks. HA! HA! Who knew vets were such comedians?
Yes, I think I'll go squeeze some tires this week - then live vicariously through my bicycle. Bella will remain the buxom of the bunch.

Abby said...

I can't tell if Kat is concerned about China or if she's worried that she's next! I think both.
Tessa will look hot with commuter tires, I know! Although the increase in frontal area may slow us down some. I'm used to being pretty streamlined myself...

ShadowRun300 said...

That's why I don't get a tire job. I don't want the increase in the frontal area to slow me down. I'm used to being streamlined too.

Jimmy said...

Oh yea new tires will be so worth it until you can get the new bike, but yet a bicycle boob job may be all it takes to keep her.

CiCi said...

It would save confusion, irritation, and frustration regarding changing the time if we could just leave it alone. Maybe it worked for the majority of people long ago, but it has served its purpose.

Glad things went well with the in-laws. Whew.

The used bike I bought after my fave bike was stolen needed some work, so the bike man about a block from where I live switched the tires to newer ones and worked on the gears. He put a great seat on too. I just need something to ride around town.

Rock Chef said...

I have recently had my tyre reduction surgery - down from 1.5 to 1.25 - much nicer on the road, but I did notice a slight skid the other day on a tight turn...

Poor China...

Anita said...

Kat's gaining weight, and by the time the cone comes off China, she may lose weight. This too shall pass.

Big decision on your bike; or is it?