Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Imagination


This week's Illustration Friday prompt is "Imagination", and it got me to thinking of how we would amuse ourselves as kids before kindergartners had iPads.

I remember the cold wintry days when we'd have the dreaded indoor recess.  Looking back now, it was probably more dreaded for the teachers than it was for us kids.  But we always managed to find things to do.  I remember many a game of paper football played across the desks.

Magnum's office football pool entry sheets are once again appearing on the kitchen bulletin board.  A dollar a play.  Imagine if we win?
.

10 comments:

D.Shawnte said...

Wow, this is so beautiful :3!

ShadowRun300 said...

Love the look of him aiming. It's perfect!
If you win, I hope you remember your blog friends.....

Abby said...

Thanks D!

Abby said...

Thanks, I kinda rushed this one, but I grew to like this kid's face.

aimee said...

Spot-on! Fab painting!

lotta joy said...

Perfect scrunched up expression. Stud and I still play paper football with soda straw papers when we're at high falootin' restaurants. You can take the hicks out of the country but you can't . . . .

CiCi said...

Great illustration of imagination. I hope I have never lost the way my imagination almost made me lose reality of life when I was a kid. I would "daydream" and would also invent things in my head, things I knew nothing about but would get ideas for something to invent. I would play games and then devise new ways to play the game and teach others the new way. All this comes back to me as I have fun looking at your imaginative illustration.

Abby said...

Thank you aimee!

Abby said...

I've tried that too. Unfortunately, the "higher" - falootin' restaurants (which we hardly EVER go to) have table cloths. Maybe that's why?

Abby said...

Thanks CiCi, I actually worry a little about kids today. It seems they're constantly being fed visual stimulation, so why bother to have an imagination?