Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I don't want to work

but I don't necessarily want to bang on the drum all day either, so I guess I'll work.

The kids are off of school all week, so there's laziness in the air. I'm not used to this. I'm used to them trudging off to school each morning, only to return HOURS later. But NO, they just keep hanging around!

Actually, I don't really mind it. It's nice to have no set schedule and just relax a bit as fall rolls in. I do have one class going right now, but tonight is our last session for this week, so it's manageable. And, impressing even myself, I got all of my Thanksgiving fixings last week. I don't know what came over me, but I was grocery shopping and just added that stuff to the cart.

And now, I'm pretending to work.

Meego is entertaining two friends. They wanted to play video games. They wanted to play video games on the video game system that is just a few feet away from where I am sitting. Just a few feet away from where I am sitting and currently relishing in the fact that there are no video game noises coming from anywhere near me.

So I told them, "not right now, I'm working", which I'm clearly not doing, but putting on a pretty goood show of. And so they're playing Life.

I may have mentioned here that we never got on the Santa Claus bandwagon with our kids. Just didn't want to lie to them.

This is WAY different.
.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Okay, really???? You ARE working! You are working ALL THE TIME! See? Social networking is totally working (it).

agg79 said...

I don't want to work either but momma kinda likes the benefits that check brings, so I guess I will have to keep going. Let me know if you find some better deal that pays a lot. I'll invest into that plan.