Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Silver Liningness Sunday

Happy Sunday, and let me just wish a Happy Father's Day to all the good dads out there. Non-cancerous cyber cigars all around! My own dad is a loving and rather strange man. Taught me everything I know!

Another good week has passed. After returning from our road trip, we've recalibrated and reorganized and are settling into a nice summer.

AND my summer slave program continues. Cars are washed and waxed, bathrooms and floors are cleaned. It's like a Christmas miracle in summertime. Now, about that bedroom....

By my own admission, I am anti-pomp, anti-ceremony, anti-snobbery, anti-government-by-Monarchy... and yet I find this whole Swedish Royal Wedding thing so endearing. My girl side is showing. Probably because Princess Victoria has married such a COMMONER! You go! Way to rock the boat!

Speaking of boats, can you believe that BP CEO at the yacht races?!? Clueless much?? Oh, I digress, this is thankfulness day...


Yesterday, I started another mural. Ocean fish. No, that's not a zombie fish on the right, it's a work-in-progress and he's just not complete yet. No spewing oil either.
.

5 comments:

agg79 said...

Those non-cancerous cigars are a bit like zero calorie ice cream or fat free cheesecake. You might as well smoke a stick.

Nice mural (even if it is a zombie fish). Now you need to add a few oil coated pelicans.

Adam said...

I can totally describe my dad the same way. I don't know where I got the rest of my eccentricity, though...I blame cartoons.

Duble said...

I wouldn't have ever thougth zombie fish if you hadn't said zombie fish. I didn't hear of the Swedish Royal but I am glad you got your girlie fix, probably more needed with all the double XX spawn running around out of school and all.

brandy101 said...

Love the fish!

Tony whassisname BP guy is a total wanker, as the Brits would say.

terri said...

I think we have the same dad!

I really need to implement the summer slave program around this joint. If they have too much time on their hands, well, this place just gets messy and dirty.