Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

to the nines

Nine years ago today, I was slowly making re-entry back into the world of the sane. Well... the nearly sane anyways.

Meego was born that morning. FINALLY! Crazy kid was 2 weeks past due - biggest fattest baby in the nursery. By that time, I had nearly lost my grip on reality. Funny things happen to a woman's mind when she goes past her due date. Crazy strange things.

But he was well worth the wait. And true to his beginnings, he takes his time getting things done. No rush. No type A.

Meego is the baby of the brood, the "caboose". Maybe I treat him a little differently than I did his brothers when they were his age. I walk him to school for instance. Wolfgang likes to remind me that I allowed him to walk to school without me in third grade. Yeah, well.... if I remember, it was Wolfgang's idea...

Anyway, Meego - my fat happy baby - is nine today. Such a big number.
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two weeks past due...yikes. They start to turn into little men now...my oldest is about nine months older and I look at him and scratch my head sometimes.

agg79 said...

Happy Birthday Meego. 9 years young, eh? Looks like he is just about ready to start dating and breaking hearts.

terri said...

Happy Birthday Meego! Sounds like he was worth the wait!

Herb said...

Happy Birthday Meego!

Judy said...

Hope it was a great one - how was the cake?

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Meego!!!!! :)

Hope it was a blast..I missed the cake!! heh....

LauraBelle said...

Happy be-Lated Birthday~! And MANY more, happy 'n healthly ones to come ... *smiles*

Goes by the name of Anna said...

Awwww... yay for birthdays and oversize hat pictures!