Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

missing Ulysses

I miss him. Who would've thought he'd be "gone". I say "gone" because I can't quite bring myself to say that other word.

Meego's friend and classmate - and my good buddy too - Ulysses, is gone.

I think of the last time I talked to him. We were walking home from school last Friday, a day like any other day. Ulysses was eating a dip'n stick candy thing. Those things are nasty gross, and I gave him a hard time about it, all in fun. We joked around like that all the time because it was typical for Ulysses to be eating something gross while we walked home. Ulysses' little sister walked with us.

Now he's gone, at the hand of his own brother.

His mom was shot and stabbed and is now recovering. I can't even imagine what she's going through. I know her, but just a little. A nice, quiet woman.

There're police cars at the school, keeping the press at bay. There are bunch of unfamiliar faces - grief counselors and such. Too much drama for an elementary school.

I miss Ulysses.

The walking path was a sad place today.
.

12 comments:

Duble said...

not sure what to say, that just sucks.

whodat said...

No words. But sympathies.....

Kelly said...

:(

agg79 said...

I don't know what to say except I am sorry. You have my sympathies as well as his family in this tragic time.

Whimsical Ranter said...

That is just too tragic. I didn't know him and I miss him too.

Squidsquirts said...

Oh, Abby, so sorry for you, and of course your children- I do hope your community rallies together.
Prayers, thoughts.

Judy said...

So sad for you guys, Abby. (((HUGS)))

terri said...

I am so sorry. Ulysses and his family will be in my prayers.

brandy101 said...

That is just terrible. I hope your kids will manage to deal with it ok...it will take time.

Beej said...

This just saddens me to my core. Makes me want to sit down with my kids and talk about it.

I'm sorry Abby.

Herb said...

It's one thing to grieve over something that makes some sort of sense, like an elderly person passing away but something like this...I am so sorry.

Goes by the name of Anna said...

I don't really have adequate words to say. Other than that I'm terribly sorry to hear it. I hope you guys are doing okay.