Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Silver Lining Saturday part XV

Welcome once again to Silver Lining Saturday - where every week, it's Thanksgiving!

okay, okay, enough of that announcer crap.

But it has been another wunnerful week, let's recap!

Well, it was Thanksgiving on Thursday, and we had a nice one here with just the 5 of us. The dysfunctions of my family-in-law do tend to be more apparent around the holidays, but we made it through this one okay. And I'm thankful that Magnum has gotten better at standing up for himself and his values, thusly elevating our black sheep status. Sheesh, talk about your silver lining hunting...

And as far as the actual Thanksgiving day goes, we had a very nice one. I cooked all the traditional stuff - it was all eaten up, and the husband and kids were genuinely appreciative. And we do have lots to be thankful for, everyone's health for example. We had a full day of playing-outside time in honor of all that good health. I think even the dog was extra thankful.

Kids were on break from school and Magnum took the week off from work. My work schedule was lighter than usual too, so we had more time for some good ol' R&R. I actually did go and see the movie "Twilight". Magnum tagged along. I warned him that the audience would probably be a bunch of 15 year-old-girls, and he had NO problem with that *rolls eyes*. We enjoyed the movie - was a nice little "escape", and I can certainly see the appeal to the teen girl crowd.

And I mentioned that our week also included a day at Memorial Park. It's nice to get away from the daily grind and just go out and play with like-minded people... like we did when we were kids... and not think about bills and government bailouts and dirty toilets and whatnot. It was a good systems flush.

Now it's the weekend, and December is upon us. I took a raucous, snowy run this morning in 24 invigorating degrees! I am thankful for my physical health, and I'm thankful that everyone returns to school and work next week (that's for my mental health).
.

4 comments:

terri said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. It's always so good to have that extra free time with the family, but I also understand the need to get everyone back to routine.

I wonder why families feel so comfortable saying and doing things that cause dysfunction. We have plenty of that going on here too. Sometimes it feels like your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Freak Magnet said...

It sounds like it was definitely a good week! Amen to mental health and here's to a new week!

Whimsical Ranter said...

I'm glad you're still finding new things to be thankful for!

Beej said...

We saw Twilight this week too. I was okay with it, but after reading the book, it's hard to like a movie. Edward didn't look like the Edward in my head. He wasn't pretty enough.

Did you ever read the book? I think I remember you saying you were thinking about it.