Happy post-election day. I will forgo the political punditting. There's WAAAAY too much of that going on as it is. Besides, I don't like to talk politics here, and the husband and I hashed it out enough. It's a good thing his and my political opinions are aligned.
I will keep it clean and just say that the election day bake sale was a success. I don't know what the final take was, but the donation jar was filling up at a pretty good rate when I left. And the lemon poppyseed bread was being scarfed as well. I purposely didn't make brownies or chocolate chip cookies because I figured everyone and their grandma would make those, and I was right. Go for that lemon poppyseed road less travelled I say!
Sooooo, in a totally unrelated to politics road, I got an award from Freak Magnet. See how purdy?
AS it usually is with these things, I'm supposed to do some work now that I won the thing. Freak Magnet is a relatively new reader here, so I will forgive her and actually play along I suppose.
I'm to post 6 random things about myself and then pass the award along. Sheesh! Random things I haven't posted already?? I mean, I've already confessed to kissing a gay boy, to cheating on my husband's zucchini, to having awful handwriting. What else? Too much probably.
Can I cop out of the award giving? Because there's too many deserving winners? Beej, Anna, Linda, Brandy, Jerry, Judy, Terri, Herb, Rants and Whimsy - whatever her real name is, Laurabelle, Pendoodles... Ack, yes there are too many. And I'm too lazy to provide links to all those bloggers. Go find them.
Oh well, here goes:
1. I've never had chicken pox, but I've had chicken.
2. I once played footsie under the dinner table with a boyfriend only to realize that I was playing footsie with said boyfriend's dad! Wait, that wasn't me. It was a good friend of mine. WHEW!!
3. I still have all my original parts - appendix, tonsils, ovaries, uterus, wisdom teeth - but my two front teeth are fake.
4. I've never eaten sushi, but I've eaten alligator... and fishtix.
5. When I was a kid, I was annoyingly afraid of any and all dogs. Now I like 'em.
6. Patrick Dempsey does nothing for me, nor does George Clooney for that matter. Now, Daniel Craig on the other hand....
<---- click, he get's bigger!
The latest James Bond installment, in theaters Nov. 14.
Hubba hubba! I'd even play footsie with his dad!