Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2018

fifty shades of beige more like wheat

Remember several weeks ago I reported that we got some new windows?  And we found them so pretty that we couldn't bring ourselves to rehang our ugly blinds?  So we didn't?

So yeah, we've been pretty much living in a fishbowl ever since.

But, fishbowl no more!  Our new blinds arrived on Friday.  How do they look?


Well, okay, we did have to eventually take them out of the boxes...  But this was my contribution - bringing the boxes into the house.

I went tuting yesterday morning, and when I got back, Magnum had 'em hanging.  So I guess we're more civilized now and no longer oversharing with the neighbors.  

For my next little project, I want to get another aquarium up and running.  When our last evil fish died over the summer, I cleaned that dystopian aquarium out and rid the house of the evil presence.  For those who don't know the saga, here's the Cliff Notes version:
  • I had a thriving freshwater community aquarium with lovely plants and happy fish
  • I brought home three friendly-looking Buenos Aires Tetras
  • Everything died except for those BATs , they lived almost forever
Darn toxic fish:  can't live with them, can't flush them down the toilet with a clear conscience.

Today is a cold snowy day.  Good day to stay in and play aquarist.  Except I have to trudge to and from the store for the aquarium stuff, uphill both ways. 



6 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Okay are the blinds in the boxes in the photo, or are they just invisible? I need blinds in the kitchen. If I buy some will Magnum fit them for me please?

Annsterw said...

You are too funny! I must've looked at that picture 12 times and then read on and realize they're still in the boxes! LOL what a riot! Well that would be a fun project to get working on once I'm done with my floors ha ha! I can't wait to see what they look like in the windows… The windows look phenomenal! I love my aquarium but it is a lot of work… mine has real plants and the fish are doing great… I only have about five fish and want to get more but I'm afraid what happens you will happen to me. Every time I get a new fish it happens to be sick… I'm sticking with my five fish! LOL! Good luck with your aquarium!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hey Abby, that is the exact route my dad took to go to school, up hill both ways!

I can't wait to see the blinds.

ShadowRun300 said...

Well,, the first step IS bringing in the boxes. So well done! They look great propped against the wall.
Have fun with your new aquarium! I can’t wait to hear the stories - so don’t get boring fish. ;)

Chatty Crone said...

Hey bringing up the boxes is the hardest part - right?

Abby said...

Joey, invisible blinds... in boxes.

Ann, we got the blinds up just in time for fffffrreeeeeezing weather. I've had things go wrong with other fish tanks, but nothing like the apocalypse that happened last time!

Margaret, bet your dad had to walk through snow, too, right?

SR300, I'm thinking fancy goldfish. Last time we had them, they'd get bloated and swim upside down until we fed them peas so they would fart and be able to swim right side up again. Never boring.

Chatty, bringing the boxes in was the hardest part! (for me)