Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Silver Liningness Sunday

Hello blog people!  As far as I know, nothing particularly end-of-world eventful happened last week, despite the warnings.  Guess we still have to pay our bills.  But maybe tonight's blood moon will bring about the apocalypse.

And it was another nice week.  Rather busy, but productive.  Oh, and I changed wallpaper and some things around here.  Notice?  I just felt a need for change.  Green...  hmm.... still deciding.






Yesterday, Magnum and I got out for some nature time.  We managed to find a few geocaches to add to our "found" list.


We went to Ute Valley park, a friendly place popular for nearby hiking and mountain biking.  



It was a very nice day for it.  Not too hot, a friendly breeze.  There were a few others in the park enjoying the day, but not so many as to feel crowded.



Last week, a woman was bit by a rattlesnake while hiking nearby.  I let Magnum check the rocky places.








Meego and company had a marching band competition yesterday.  Their band puts on a decent show, and is relatively small.  They seem to have a good time together and happily made it to the finals.

And I continue to chop away at the clutter.  I've got a couple of mini vacuum cleaners to slough off.  They were Chaco's and Wolfgang's when they each lived in freshman dorms.  Anyone want one?  I got bags too.  Yup, bags...


ooooh
aaaaah

As far as I know, the cohabitation arrangement in Chaco and Wolfgang's apartment is going smoothly enough.  Chaco tells me that Wolfgang is messy.  Like I didn't already know that??  Probably speaks favorably for the quality state of his vacuum cleaner.

.

10 comments:

agg79 said...

The world didn't end? Dang. Dang. Now what am I going to do for all of those end of days prep kits I bought?

I am still meaning to get out and located a few geocaches around here but things have been a bit busy/chaotic. Hopefully I will be able to look for a few while out walking the kids.

Interesting how Chaco and Wolfgang are cohabitating. I'm thinking that messiness will not be the only point of contention.

Abby said...

The Chaco/Wolfgang experiment is working out okay so far. Probably because they both realize it's only temporary and they give each other space.

It's surprising the number of geocaches out in the world. We've gathered up most all of them within walking distance of our house, so now we need to venture out further, which is a nice thing.

Riot Kitty said...

I read too quickly the first time and I thought you wrote that a woman had gotten *hit* by a rattlesnake. It made me snicker, trying to picture how that would work, exactly.

Abby said...

Ha! Now I'm trying to picture a snake with a fist. It's impossible!

ShadowRun300 said...

I kinda like your green wallpaper. Fitting.
When we went shopping for the boys' dorm, I wanted to buy cleaning supplies for them. Even my hubby said, "they're not gonna clean..." I bought the stuff anyway. It'll likely return home full or slightly used, much like your vacuums, but at least I feel better.

Rock Chef said...

The moon thingy didn't end things either. Maybe plugging a US vacuum cleaner into a British socket might do the trick?

Abby said...

Our guys actually cleaned more than I expected in the dorm. I think it was somewhat required, so I did help them with that first supply run. Now, anything goes?

Abby said...

Let's try it! What's your shipping address??

terri said...

Yup. We're all still here too. The blood moon was pretty. I'm glad it didn't take us out.

No thanks on the vacuum cleaners. My kids would probably keep them in as pristine condition as yours did.

Abby said...

I even bought replacement bags for the vacuum cleaners. Silly me.