Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2026

take a big breath and hold it

I had an abdominal ultrasound, of all things, this morning. Haven't done that since spying on Meego in utero.

Recall that my doctor had me do some blood tests and advised me to cut back on the alcohol and fatty foods. And I was all, "what alcohol and fatty foods?"

The blood test showed a couple of elevated liver enzymes. Same thing the second time. So, ultrasound it is, and again with the "cut back on the alcohol blah blah blah..."

Did the ultrasound and got results in less than an hour while I was back home having my no-alcohol, non-fatty breakfast. Thankfully, everything is boringly normal, as I suspected it would be.

In the meantime, I had googled - as we do - these pesky enzymes. Seems they can be elevated when there's injury or inflammation somewhere. I will blame it on my back which began bugging me a year or so ago. On that, I will blame the backpack that I use for work. Meanwhile, I'm doing PT, which is helping, and experimenting with different backpacks.

So, speaking of backpacks, recall that we got a new Ring doorcam last weekend when our old one went belly up. Along with the purchase came a 30-day trial of their enhanced AI generated descriptions of the goings on.

As an example, I was brushing off this garden tool I used for clearing the big swaths of vegetation on the helms deep road. 


We got it a long time ago, and I don't remember the name of the tool. Apparently Ring AI doesn't know what it is either, so called it a metal detector.

Back to the backpack... When I leave for work wearing a backpack, Ring calls me a child.


But when I return home, I'm a person.




Clearly, that backpack is aging me.


No comments:

Post a Comment