I had an abdominal ultrasound, of all things, this morning. Haven't done that since spying on Meego in utero.
Recall that my doctor had me do some blood tests and advised me to cut back on the alcohol and fatty foods. And I was all, "what alcohol and fatty foods?"
The blood test showed a couple of elevated liver enzymes. Same thing the second time. So, ultrasound it is, and again with the "cut back on the alcohol blah blah blah..."
Did the ultrasound and got results in less than an hour while I was back home having my no-alcohol, non-fatty breakfast. Thankfully, everything is boringly normal, as I suspected it would be.
In the meantime, I had googled - as we do - these pesky enzymes. Seems they can be elevated when there's injury or inflammation somewhere. I will blame it on my back which began bugging me a year or so ago. On that, I will blame the backpack that I use for work. Meanwhile, I'm doing PT, which is helping, and experimenting with different backpacks.
So, speaking of backpacks, recall that we got a new Ring doorcam last weekend when our old one went belly up. Along with the purchase came a 30-day trial of their enhanced AI generated descriptions of the goings on.
As an example, I was brushing off this garden tool I used for clearing the big swaths of vegetation on the helms deep road.
We got it a long time ago, and I don't remember the name of the tool. Apparently Ring AI doesn't know what it is either, so called it a metal detector.
Back to the backpack... When I leave for work wearing a backpack, Ring calls me a child.



OK I admit you do kind of look like a child in the first backpack picture! Glad everything went ok with the ultrasound!
ReplyDeleteI think it's the backpack that makes me look like a child?
Delete"Does this backpack make me look juvenile?"
Interpretations from AI are not all helpful. can you disable it? It's kind of creepy!
ReplyDeleteIt will end after 30 days unless we pay extra... which we WON'T!
DeleteLOL I had no idea there were AI interpretations of what the camera records. That's crazy. Also, why I have Blink cams and not Ring.
ReplyDeleteSeems silly. The rise of the machines?
DeleteYou ask, Does this backpack make me look like a child? I'd ask, Does this backpack make my ass look bigger? Same but not the same. :-)
ReplyDeleteNot related to YOU, but now I'm imaging a caption reading, "a big ass is walking on the driveway"
DeleteGlad the ultrasound ended up showing nothing concerning! And that Ring AI suddenly calling you a child when you're wearing a backpack is hilarious, what a strange side effect of technology.
ReplyDeleteWhenever I'm wearing a backpack, it sees me as a child. Am I the only adult who wears a backpack??
DeleteI love the AI comments!
ReplyDeleteGlad all was normal in the test department. Worrying at the time though I'm sure.