Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Bunny, Trixie, Raul, Jerry, Penny

One more week of semester left. Is it obvious I'm counting the days? It's been a good semester, I'm just ready to have a short break from all the meth math. I was talking with one of my fellow tutors, "Bunny", last week. She was speaking of one of her students who is often late or no shows. On that particular day, the student had actually texted Bunny in advance to let her know she was running late.

"Maybe I taught her more than math this semester", Bunny observed. 

I'll remember to do that.

This past week was a good one, feels like it was productive enough

  • Magnum and I had some documents we needed to have notarized for our lawyer in Colorado Springs. No, we're not getting a divorce, we have a will and such that we'd recently updated. We went to our credit union to sign the papers with a Notary Public there.

Our wills include a clause, which the lawyer refers somewhat jokingly to as "The Raul and Trixie Clause". It says that, for example, if I keel over and Magnum runs off with a stripper, our kids remain the beneficiaries and the stripper has no claim to anything when Magnum keels over. So "Trixie" refers to the stripper scenario, and "Raul" to some equally distasteful hook up of my own. 

I remember, at the time of the lawyer's explanation, thinking to myself, "hmmm, I know some Raul's who are good guys. Maybe don't call it that", but whatever. So last week as we were tediously signing off on the updates, I noticed that our notary's name was actually Raul - stars aligning for further vindication. And I doubt he would care to run off with a widowed me anyway.

  • There's a [cute art supply store] here in town that I'd never been to. I knew if I went in there, I'd buy something I didn't need. Well, yesterday I went in for the first time because I needed a specific sketchbook. Magnum and I were on a coffee walk, and it was right there.


I broke in the new sketchbook with them apples.

The little store was pretty much as I expected - well stocked with all sorts of toys and with a friendly staff. 

And I only bought the one item I'd gone in there for. 

Yes, I can do this.


And now a Penny update: recall that our dog, Penny, went from being her usual ball of energy to a lethargic old lady dog seemingly overnight. 

Well, she laid around for two days, and on the third day... well... she has risen. 

No clue as to what knocked her on her ass. It's nice to have her back


 



7 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm so glad she feels better. Funny names to pick. I loved Trixie on The Honeymooners. What happens when everything is done. Do you get a few months off? LOVE the drawing. Well done, you.

Herb said...

Happy to hear about Penny. And I like them apples.

Allstarme79 said...

Glad your dog is feeling better. Sounds like a very productive week and these days, I'm living for stuff like that.

Abby said...

Happy Whisk, at semester end, we'll have two or three weeks until we start filling tutor requests for summer semester. In the meantime, I still have shifts at the testing center to keep me from being a slug.

Herb, I think Penny is happy too :)

Allstarme79, it is nice to check things off the to-do list!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ooh glad to hear Penny is fine.
And glad to hear you're about to enjoy time off.
That is such a good feeling.

If I could draw like you I'd do nothing but draw!
I long for a talent. I think times up. :-)

Abby said...

Peggy, I'm looking forward to a little more breathing room in the schedule. Time's never up!

The Happy Whisk said...

❤️