Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2022

who moved my cheese?

We've made it to April.  As such, I got into some spring cleaning this week.  Well, really, it's not because of April, it's just that it was so needed, and I couldn't come up with anything better.


I found some cheese.  I was spring cleaning away and decided to include a good scrub down of our fridge that came with the house when we bought it two years ago.  Prior to us buying it, the house had been a rental for several years.

There I was, removing shelves and drawers of the fridge and soaping everything down when I found a couple sticks of string cheese behind a drawer.  

I couldn't recall having bought string cheese in recent years, so I determined that this was not, in fact, our cheese.  I was able to make out the expiration date of May 2013.  


Anyone want antique string cheese?  Egads, it's 10 years and probably several renters old.

Speaking of cheese, I'm trying to cut down on my dairy intake.  It's pretty mean to the cows, y'know?  I gave up eating beef several years ago, and that was fairly easy.  But it turns out that, gawd, I love cheese and have yet to find a decent substitute.  Advice?

Meanwhile, maybe I can use the reminder of this rental fridge discovery to help curb the cravings.

And speaking of chucking things out, this week, I got around to getting a much needed haircut.  Honestly, it's been a bit of a crapshoot finding a good stylist since moving here, plus a global pandemic, blah blah.  I had one I liked in the last town, but I've bounced around here with mediocre results.  

I went to a new-to-me salon this week and came away happy.  I brought a reference photo, and the stylist nailed it without charging an exorbitant amount or trying to upsell me on everything.  

The anxiety around finding a decent stylist along with whole slap down at last weekend's Oscars reminds me to put less importance on hair in light of other things going on.  I confess to getting nervous whenever I plop into the stylist's chair, having had a handful of bad haircuts.  But it's just hair.

For those who've watched the Fleabag series on Prime Video, you probably remember the iconic "Hair. Is. Everything!" scene.  I found it hilarious, and, sadly, a bit true.



Yeah, it's not gonna happen in here.

Sorry, see ya next week.




9 comments:

Linda Sue said...

so sad when I watched all of Flea Bag ,twice, when it ended both times- I felt so sad. Hair is everything unless it's not.I have a neighbor with the same Jada issue and it has changed her radically.
She rarely goes out at all.
The cheese, I have a one legged sea gull that would eat it in one gulp! 2013 is recent!
Good job spring cleaning! I am putting it off until next spring.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, I watched Fleabag while doing my 2019 Inktobers. It was sad when it ended, but nice it ended at a crest rather than shriveling up like other series' do when they go on and on...
Yes, Peg would probably love my cheese discovery!

Danielle L Zecher said...

The cheese doesn't look as bad as I'd think it would being that old.

betty said...

The cheese looked pretty good for being in the fridge for close to 10 years! Seriously, is there plant based cheese? I know I've seen plant based everything else at the store. We eat less beef than in years past and I anticipate we'll probably stop eating it altogether soon (though I just realize we do eat hamburgers at fast food restaurants at times). My son has gout and can't eat red meat so that took away some items we could serve when they came to dinner.

I have such a basic hair cut. Literally one length all around but I remember when I had it more styled how freaked out I would be to try new hair stylists out. I hadn't heard of that show but I enjoyed watching the clip. Maybe I'll have to check it out if it is still available on Prime.

Spring here in Phoenix lasts a day lol so no need to spring clean here :)

betty

Abby said...

Danielle, I know, right? Something to be said for well-sealed packaging.

Betty, the others of my family are big beef eaters, so I've learned to eat in its presence 😏. I think Fleabag is still available for Prime members. Something to watch while beating the heat?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

As for cheese I've tried some of these and liked. Heidi-Ho. They were on shark tank so I tried em. I try to limit my dairy intake but sometimes...
Hair has always been everything to me. (I did not see Fleabag.) Now going through this treatment I fear the hair loss most of all!!
Since moving I found the best hair stylist but there were a lot of tears before I found him!now I may need to watch Fleabag

Abby said...

Peggy, Thanks, I'll try Heidi-Ho.
Strange that hair can sometimes "be the difference between a good day and a bad day". I confess to having some bad days because of hair. I'm hoping your meds do the trick for you without messing with your hair!

LL Cool Joe said...

Haha the video was great. Since I got a cyst on my head and got a small bald patch where it was, a good hair cut is everything. Shallow I know, but it matters.

Abby said...

LL Cool Joe, it does matter 😑