Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

you were good to me

Thank you to those offering comforting thoughts regarding the tragic loss of Michelle.  Yes, she was vaccinated and also had compromising issues.  But she was by no means "fragile" - very active with her family and the community and her work.  Loved to travel.  She's left a palpable void. 

A week prior to her passing, she was admitted to the hospital and put on a ventilator - certainly not a good sign.  She'd been showing teeny signs of improvement with her medical team hoping to take her off the ventilator soon. Then she had a stroke, her body working so hard.

There was really no hope at that point, so the family planned to move her to comfort care.  She passed away right after the ventilator was removed.  At least she didn't linger. 

I've known several people who've had COVID.  Two of them have died from it.  But the others got through it without much fuss.  Some have mentioned "long COVID" symptoms - brain fog and fatigue, mostly.  Many don't really know how/where they got it.



And the world keeps spinning.  I'm looking forward to a little Thanksgiving break next week.  There's
always plenty to be thankful for!  

I'm thankful for people still blogging and still stopping by!



3 comments:

Larz said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Thanks for regularly writing, it's nice to read about happenings beyond my little sphere.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

At this moment in time I have a satellite technician in my home and came to the door wearing a mask and I had forgotten mine. He said " oh I don't care they make me wear this for finicky people" I told him I was finicky people and grabbed my mask. I then thanked him for wearing one. I fear this will never be over and this is our normal now.

Abby said...

Larz, thanks for stopping by :)

Peggy, at my workplace, we had a month back in summertime where masks weren't required anymore. But we always asked people coming in if they preferred we wear them. The requirement came back and isn't going away soon. I've probably forgotten what my coworkers look like.