Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

(almost) wordless Wednesday

Spring semester for Meego ended last week.  I asked him how much of a break he had before his summer classes begin, and he said, "I have a paper due next weekend".  Sheesh, no rest for you!

As a little reminder, we received his summer tuition bill for the two classes he's taking.  Originally, both classes were to be held on campus, but there is no on campus.  As such, I'd hoped for a bit of a price break, but...


SOURCE

Yeah, no price breaks and all the fees for stuff that's not currently available.
I've heard grumblings from some students that class "quality" has decreased with the move to online.

But at least students are still able to come up with clever (because they're true) memes.



6 comments:

Anita said...

Three hundred and something dollar refund at our house from girl#3's college. I'll take it!

Your Pelosi meme is almost as good as seeing her live on TV ripping that document. LOL

Abby said...

Anita, WHAAAAAAT?? Okay, I'm happy for you.

LL Cool Joe said...

My older daughter is living with us but still paying for accommodation in Eastbourne where she was at uni. The landlord has reduced the rent very slightly. Whoppee. And we have no idea when she will return to university either, possibly September but with all the lectures on-line. Erm that's not what student life is about.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, not having children I never thought of this but why isn't tuition and room and board decreased? wow
I fear this nightmare going on for another year. I just feel it.

Abby said...

Joey, I feel your pain. Fingers crossed for the fall.

Peggy, tuition's the same. We don't pay room and board because he rents a house with friends, so I'm not sure of the housing costs for students that were in dorms. But we are paying standard fees for facilities - like the rec center, student center, etc., which are closed, and transportation fees for busses that have suspended routes. harumph.

Anita said...

Okayyyy, I believe you. :)