Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2019

here for a quickie

Okay, we are in the midst of moving.  Today. 

Magnum texted me that the truck with all our worldly possessions has left the old house and is on its way to the new.  Napolion the cat and I drove up yesterday.  Napolion whined the whole way, but mostly when an Ed Sheeran song came on the radio.  And if you listen to pop radio, you know that happens a lot. 

Napolion, wondering what the hell happened

We came up a day ahead to get some things lined up and assure that someone would be here when the truck arrives.  Magnum is following with the pooches.  I'd hoped to get our internet hooked up by last night, but do things ever go so smoothly? 

There is a community college campus about a mile from our new place, so that's where I am right now - feeding two of my addictions:  caffeine and internet.

Anyway, here's the summary:

  • We've moved to Fort Collins, CO
  • We have a 6-month lease on a rental house
  • Our house in Colorado Springs will go on the market in a coupla weeks.  Want it?
  • We'll start shopping for a house after we sell
We first visited Fort Collins when we helped Wolfgang move here about 2 years ago.  He really likes the place.  Then Meego decided to attend the university here, so we have subsequently visited a few more times, and we like the feel here.  Colorado Springs has gotten so sprawled out.

We were planning to downsize anyway, thinking we'd get a smaller house in Colorado Springs, but Magnum was able to arrange to work remotely at his job, so that opened things up for us.  Most of my tuting is online already. 

Anyhoo, here we are, about 100 miles north of where we used to live, fingers crossed that our internet gets humming soon.  I have tutee appointments next week, but more importantly, I've got blogs to read and shows to stream!


I mean, I was fine in a sleeping bag on a pad on the floor with the cat last night, but no internet? 

Barbarian.



7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ooh moves are so stressful.
I'd be the same without internet. Yikes.
You are the 2nd person of late who loves Ft Collins.
Everything worked out perfect so far so here's to it remaining so and internet is up and running very soon and you aren't reading this 4 days later. :-)

Chatty Crone said...

You just up and did it - wow!
I wish you all the luck in the world.
Things will smooth out and you will get back on the internet.
So everyone is together now - right?
sandie

Herb said...

Fort Collins is a nice place and I agree, The Springs has been overgrown for a while. Good luck!

Morgan Cartwright said...

Yay on the move! New places to explore!
I agree with you on the internet thing! We've become so attached. :)

Larz said...

I love Ft. Collins! I hope everything goes smoothly with the move.

Anita said...

Because I've hit and missed your posts, I was wondering about your boys - or young men, now! Sounds like 4 of the 5 Normal family members are in Fort Collins. How's the 5th doing?

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't believe how often I hear Ed Sheeran on American radio stations. More than in the UK, and that's a lot.

Enjoy your new home, with the internet!