Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

holiday squishes and kettle burns

Went for my annual mammogram yesterday, nice to have that completed for the year.  I am grateful that these things have historically been only minorly discomforting with no anxiety.   *squish*squish*squish*   "thanks, you can go now" and then get the all-clear a short while later.  No family history, relatively low risk (small asian boobs... ).

So THAT's done for the year.  On  a side  note, the mammogramologist / mammographer / mammotechnician / not sure of her actual title - told me that I have "well developed pectoralis muscles".  HA!  Well, I've been going to the gym more regularly since last spring.  I don't notice much difference from the "before", but I'm sure she's handled a lot more boobs than I have in order to make an informed comparison.  Anyways, it prompted her to make an additional *squish* angle, and then I was done.

I came home and started doing some work after putting the kettle on for tea.  A while later, I emerged from my desk to find the kitchen kind of hazy.  *GASP*- the tea kettle!  I forgot about it, all the water boiled away, and I burned out yet another kettle.  Yes, this has happened before 😒

So, the happy ending is that I now have a shiny new kettle.  My old one was a cheapo from which the cheap spot weld holding the whistle in place failed after about one week of use.  I replaced it with a, hopefully, better stronger whistle.  Because I can be stupid and need these things.

In aquarium news, I've got 6 fish now.  The roots of my bamboo are growing, but I can't tell if the actual stalks are growing.  Oh well, I'll take roots.



In looking at my calendar, I currently don't have any tutees scheduled for the next 6 days - not surprisingly.  I asked Meego if he wants to go with me today to the pet shelter "just to look" at the dogs available for adoption.  

Just gonna look.  

I think.



8 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ah, famous last words, I just wanna look.

Just as I was saying to myself, why didn't her whistle go off, you told us. I have done that while boiling eggs. I wanted hard boiled eggs. Do you know they will explode and hit the ceiling? Now you do. :-)

Abby said...

Margaret, as a matter of fact, YES, I DO know of exploding eggs! Been there done that too. You get the prize for hitting the ceiling, though.

Chatty Crone said...

Glad your mammo went good. And did you get a puppy?

LL Cool Joe said...

Don't you have a kettle that automatically turns off when it boils??

Glad your small asian boobs are okay. :D ;)

Abby said...

Chatty, we picked a puppy! Scheduled to get her later today :)

Cool Joe, no I actually like the sit-on-top-of-the-stove-and-potentially-burn-to-infinity kettles. But maybe it's time for a robot kettle.

ShadowRun300 said...

A new puppy?! I’m so excited for you!! Pics. As soon as you can.
Glad to hear you got your yearly squishes. And congrats on the pecs! Nice to know your work is paying off. :)

Linda Hensley said...

"Just looking" always = puppy in my experience. May you have many happy years together. Somehow I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't just look or who has burned out a tea kettle. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Abby said...

SR300, puppy pics coming up!

Linda, I couldn't resist the puppy - should have known. I'm working on my tea kettle skills.