Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

football, snow, and sad

Happy unofficial end of summer.  Labor Day weekend is upon us

This was a good and busy week, so it's nice to be at the weekend.  I did tute for a few hours over the weekend, but it's all good.  Nice students.

Friday evening was the Rocky Mountain Showdown that pits the football teams from Colorado's two largest public universities against each other.  Magnum and I went to CU-Boulder - one side of the rivalry.  But honestly, I've not really been too concerned about the "big showdown" since much longer after leaving college.

But this  year, Meego is now a student at that OTHER university *gasp*, so I found myself being interested again.  B..b..b..ut, I don't know which team I was for.  Both?  Neither?

INTERJECTION!  Remember??

CU-Boulder came away with the win, and I was all, "YAY! / aaawwwww".  I guess I still feel nostalgic about the alma matre, even though it was so long ago.  Really, I just love Ralphie.  Everyone loves Ralphie...whom I have featured here before because she's a badass.

College football isn't really about football, it's about the mascots!





"Ralphie Running" is actually a varsity sport at CU, and those who make the cut really earn their letter, I tellya.  Not for the weak.

In other end-of-summer news, we have snow!  Well, up in yonder altitudes anyway.  I went out for a bike ride this morning and had this lovely view:

SOURCE

I know it's just a dusting, but kind of exciting for us boring people around here.  In fact, this isn't even my photo.  I was going to take one, but then figured there would be plenty on the internets.  yup.

On a sad note, I lost a classmate from high school.  It was all over fb because he was such a likable guy.  Really, I can't think of any bad traits whatsoever.  He was well-liked and quiet and introspective and musically gifted.  In my world, that's the makings of a *SWOON*, and I did have a bit of a crush on him back in those olden days.

So I'm saddened, not so much because a former crush has passed away, but for all the reasons why he was a crush. Gone too soon 💔






4 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

I am not ready for snow. I never will be, but I guess it's pretty on the top of a mountain. My sympathies for your classmate. Maybe all those things about him which made him a swoon will inspire others?

Chatty Crone said...

I would love snow.
I am sorry about your friend.
Too young.

Happy Labor Day. God Bless! sandie♥

ShadowRun300 said...

Ugh. I’m not ready for summer to be over. ‘Specially since I wasn’t able to get my mountain fix in. Sigh. Try again next year?
And sorry to hear about your classmate! So young!

Abby said...

I think? I'm ready for snow? For now, it's okay to look at it from afar...

SR300, no worries, that mountain isn't going anywhere. Plus I still haven't figured out how to get down!