Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2018

cats gone wild

"You might want to go get your stuff and bring it in here"

"mmf... it's fine.. *snorf*

"Last I checked, she had your bra and was messing with it on the couch"

"mmf... sh*t, okay..."

Magnum and I spent the night at Wolfgang's last night.  The two of us with Wolfgang's cat, Maisey.  She's adorable...



... mostly.

See, Wolfgang came down for the weekend to do volunteer trail bike at a HS cross-country meet.  Meego told me he was thinking of coming home this weekend too as he wanted to do some guitar buying/selling.  So that worked out since  Wolfgang could bring Meego down, and we could give Meego a ride back up to school, which we did last night.

Wolfgang, in the meantime, is mountain biking today, so when Meego asked for a ride back to school, we worked it out that Magnum and I would stay the night at Wolfgang's and check on Maisey.

She's a young and very playful cat.  She's also quite large.  Wolfgang got her from a shelter only after she'd been in quarantine for being too rough. 

We brought our sleeping bags so as to just crash in Wolfgang's apartment.  I took the coveted position on the couch and was drifting off when I was punched in the face.  By Maisey. I opened my eyes to see her staring at me, intently.  I tried to go back to sleep only to have her punch me some more and also pounce on me. 

I thought, "Okay, maybe SHE wants the couch.  Fine".  So I moved down to the floor near Magnum, and Maisey commenced to having a loud one-cat wrestling match on the couch.  But she eventually tired of that and came back to us - her newly found enrichment toys. 

The punching and pouncing recommenced.  I realized that (1) she was not about to let us sleep, and (2) even if she decreased the punching and pouncing, I couldn't sleep anyway because I'd be wondering when she was going to punch me or pounce on me next.

Plan B:
Move to Wolfgang's bedroom and close the door.

That's where I was happily drifting off to sleep when Magnum gave me the bra report after going back out to save his stuff.

So I went back out, saved my stuff, the night progressed with no further attacks, and I had a bra to put on in the morning. 

After we got up, Maisey was waiting outside the bedroom door.  She was all lovey dovey.  Clearly, she'd missed us.  She was not at all apologetic, however.  More like, "sorry you guys had to leave so soon from the party".

All in all, it was a nice weekend.  Nice to have both Wolfgang and Meego home for a while, and to get to know Wolfgang's weird cat. 





7 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

A friend's cat thought it was allowed to sleep on my head when I went visiting. That's starting to sound better than it did at the time in comparison.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This is an add for a dog.
:-)

Abby said...

Linda, I agree with your comparison.

Margaret, I like both cats and dogs. Usually cats are the "easier" of the two, but Maisey throws that notion into question.

Chatty Crone said...

Sorry, I am a dog lover - I am allergic to cats!

Abby said...

Chatty, my allergist says I'm allergic to cats AND dogs, but I'm in denial...

ShadowRun300 said...

I love the different personalities of cats - except in the middle of the night. My cat doesn’t bop me in the head, but he’ll sneak up on me hoping if he goes slow enough I won’t notice. But as soon as his pointy feet step on me I wake up and kick him off. He sneaks up a little slower the next time, but with the same outcome. He never gives up! Aren’t cats supposed to be independent? Sigh.

Abby said...

SR300, Napolion does that too and I let him. It's more of a "tap-tap-tap, can I come under the covers?" How can I say no?! Maisey is more, "HEY! YOU! LET'S PLAY! NOW!"
Yeah, they're independent except when they're not...