Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Five



This week's prompt at Illustration Friday is The Number 5.  Hmmm.  Okay, so here's my answer.  Get it?  Do the math...









This was a rather busy week, so it's nice to sit and doodle a bit.  It's a busy time of year for P.E.O. and it's all good, plus I'm enjoying the new full-time job.  I wouldn't mind another couple of hours each day.  Can we increase the 24-hour standard to 26 or so?

Yesterday I went to get my allergy shots, and there was a kid in the waiting area that I had as a student last semester.  Darn if I could remember his name!  And he wasn't one of the under-the-radar kids, but he was actually one of the silly but enjoyable kids I bantered with regularly.

But I saw him sitting there when I walked in and could NOT remember  his name.  I sat down and opened my kindle and pretended to read while I went through the alphabet about five times trying to jog my memory.

Eventually, the injector called my name and I had to get up and walk passed the mystery kid.  When I emerged, I just said a hopefully face-saving greeting, "Hey, I know you!"

We had a little chatty chat.  I asked him if he was getting allergy shots too, but he was actually there with his mom - a new old person!  She just started her shots and mystery boy was driving her around amassing hours toward his driver's license.  I now remember his mom's name and probably will for all eternity.


4 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Ugh. That happens to me so often. But great cover up! I’m sure he never knew...
Love the pencil sketch! Cute idea. :)

Jimmy said...

His name will pop into your head during the middle of the night while your thoughts are elsewhere, then the next morning I hope you can recall the name you remembered, this is usually when I lose them again.

Abby said...

He probably forgot my name too :P

Abby said...

I'm just thinking that he might show up at the allergists again now that Mom's getting shots! I've got about a week for it to come to me...