But that's not to say we haven't had our moments. Special summertime moments like...
1. That wake-up moment (Monday) when I realized that summer baby Wolfgang is now 20 years old?!?
Because what mom doesn't think of her kids always in baby form and needs annual reminders that it doesn't work that way?
2. That aha moment, when checking out some new bicycling routes, I realized this tunnel looked a lot more inviting on google maps:
Because what's summer without a mucky nasty-disease-carrying-mosquito-infested obstacle course adventure?!
3. That opportune moment when the cat came inside, seemingly for the sole purpose of throwing up on the carpet.
Because now I know there is at least one square foot of carpet that is recently cleaned.
4. That tidy moment when Chaco bought a used desk, and I realized he wouldn't be using mine anymore.
Because... wait. This is still here!!
5. That classic moment while driving down the highway, when I was able to name more songs and artists than anyone else in the van
Because we were listening to the
old folks classic rock station.
6. That rainy moment when Magnum looked at the bedroom ceiling and said, "Is that water stain new?"
Because at least we have insurance...
Hooking up with Mama Kat again, for the prompt:
6. List your top 6 favorite summer moments so far.