Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

that moment

Wow, we're already on the backside of summer.  And I realize we haven't taken any epic trips or the like.  We decided to forego Comic Con this year as we've gone the last three years in a row, and there didn't seem to be anything new happening this year.  Plus, everyone is busy with summer jobs and school, so yeah.  We've sorta been homebodies.

But that's not to say we haven't had our moments.  Special summertime moments like...


1.  That wake-up moment (Monday) when I realized that summer baby Wolfgang is now 20 years old?!?


Because what mom doesn't think of her kids always in baby form and needs annual reminders that it doesn't work that way?


2.  That aha moment, when checking out some new bicycling routes, I realized this tunnel looked a lot more inviting on google maps:



Because what's summer without a mucky nasty-disease-carrying-mosquito-infested obstacle course adventure?!


3.  That opportune moment when the cat came inside, seemingly for the sole purpose of throwing up on the carpet.  


Because now I know there is at least one square foot of carpet that is recently cleaned.


4.  That tidy moment when Chaco bought a used desk, and I realized he wouldn't be using mine anymore.


Because... wait.  This is still here!!



5.  That classic moment while driving down the highway, when I was able to name more songs and artists than anyone else in the van


Because we were listening to the old folks classic rock station.  



6.  That rainy moment when Magnum looked at the bedroom ceiling and said, "Is that water stain new?"


Because at least we have insurance...



---------------------------------
Hooking up with Mama Kat again, for the prompt:
6. List your top 6 favorite summer moments so far.


  

17 comments:

myself said...

Omgosh! I laughed and laughed. I swear I peed my pants! I feel ya... on a lot of it! Great job. Coming at ya from Mama Kat's.

Jenn B said...

What is it with cats and dogs coming inside to hoark on the carpet? Mine has decided she likes the guest room and my bedroom. Fabulous.

Those are some special moments, all right!

Jerralea said...

I always think of my kids in baby form, too. They are 29, 23 and 22. *Sigh ...

Kimberly said...

My dog is the worst for vomiting in the house. He's worse than my kid. He walks up to me like "Yo, check this" and there's the missing sock or underwear or the crotch of my husband's work pants. Such a big dumbie.
So did you actually go in that tunnel?

Guano said...

Today I was assigned in a seat in which, on the jet's previous leg, a kid *almost* made it without vomiting. Almost. It was an 8.5hr flight for me. Ew.

...and yes. dads think of their kids as being toddlers.

Abby said...

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again (after the laundry!)

Abby said...

The cat seems partial to the bottom of the basement stairs. Where it's dark. Watch your step...

Abby said...

I've been the shortest member of the family for a while now, but I see babies...

Abby said...

Ha! Our dog is similar, as if wanting to make it into a performance.
And yes, I totally went into the tunnel! I made it alive out the other end too, even with the tunnel dweller I met inside. Might have to blog that one.

Abby said...

Ew. I guess it was better that he *almost* made it through the previous leg and not on your leg? A little?

I'd bet your toddlers could kick your butt if they wanted to!

ShadowRun300 said...

What's with our babies being 20?! And cat's pukin'? And kids cluttering up both their areas and our areas? Your summer's been very similar to mine. Well, except our ceiling hasn't leaked. And I went to Florida.
Enjoy what little is left of it! Are you planning a camping trip anytime soon?

meleah rebeccah said...

1. Aw! Wolfang is 20 already? Sheesh!

2. That tunnel looks totes terrifying. No thank you!

3. Lol @ the cat!

4. AhahahHAhh @ the desk!

5. "Old Folks" music is THE BEST!

6. Yikes - I hope the water stains DONT create crazy mold issues!

Abby said...

We do have a camp weekend coming up! No sand dunes this year, but we've gotta get SOME Blair witchin' in.

Abby said...

Meleah hath returneth!

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh, that inviting tunnel definitely got me. I would SO be the one to hunt down something neat like that only to have it not be anything like I was anticipating. So funny.

Abby said...

I'm hoping I just caught it on a bad day/month.

terri said...

We haven't had any epic trips this summer either. But the older I get, the more I'm content with the usual, simple stuff.

As for animal puking, I'm grateful our dog displays obvious signs that she's about to hork something up (usually grass.) She goes to the back door and if someone's around, allows plenty of time for us to get her outside before the event happens.

Hmmm. TMI. Sorry 'bout that! :-)