Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Alice gets slutty

I thought I saw something about a bicycling event.  Something downtown this week.  I mainly paid attention because I often tutor downtown, so I checked out the various street closures, to see how they affected where I was going.

Then today, Alice and I headed downtown to drop some things off at the library and reserve my study rooms for next week.  It seemed a pretty typical day.  Lovely ride into the city, the hobos lounging in the shade of the underpasses.

As I left the library, a policewoman was putting up street barriers out front, and I remembered the road closures.  I noticed people starting to line the streets.  Something was about to happen?

I rode around a bit and saw an area set up with a bunch of cycling themed tents and booths, but decided not to go in - mainly because it looked like I'd have to pay for a wristband to do so.  Nope, not that interested.  I'd just turn around at the next intersection and head on home.

Just as I pulled up to the next intersection, a pack of spandex-clad bicyclists entered from my left and continued to my right, just the direction I was going.  Now, bicycles are quite common downtown, and I often find myself in a sort of "train".  But this!   This was a pack.  And they were all in spandex on really expensive looking bicycles.  Not the usual Panhandler Specials.

But they clearly weren't racing, just riding gently in a pack around downtown.  I found myself riding along in the middle of them along with a few other "civilians".  Okay, that was kinda neat.  Kinda.

Apparently, they were warming up.  And getting the crowd interested.  It got me to hang around, and I don't even like bicycle racing, remember?

Eventually, they rode by for realz: [SOURCE]





 Okay, so I guess this is a pretty big event.

Thanks for letting me tag along for a couple of blocks, guys!

Well... then again, I am Goose Poop Queen.  They should be thanking me.
----------------------------------------------------------


Linking up again with Mama Kat for the prompt:

4.) Begin with "I thought I saw..."

.

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow that is quite the line of cyclists! How fun to be caught in the middle of them!

terri said...

Pretty cool that you landed yourself smack dab in the middle of a bunch of super-serious cyclists!

Anonymous said...

Heck, as Goose Poop Queen you should have been the lead. Not that silly motorcycle.
Cool that Alice got to be a part of it, if only briefly. Were the others eyeing her new tires?

Abby said...

It was just perfect timing.

Abby said...

I know right? Everyone was probably like, "who's this mom??"

Abby said...

I'd like to see that motorcycle cop try to slalom the goose poop! Those fancy pants racers SO wanted Alice's tires, I just know it.

agg79 said...

Wow. Somebody knows how to be in the right place at the right time. Pretty cool for you and Alice to ride amongst all of that spandex. I bet Alice never saw THAT kind of action in spin class.

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Would have freaked out if I ended up racing....but then again, havent ridden a bike in ages anyway.....great blog

Abby said...

Alice thinks she died and went to heaven. She kinda did.

Abby said...

Luckily, they kept the pace very comfortable while I was part of the herd!

KatBouska said...

Fun!! What a neat experience to hang with the cool kids for a couple blocks! Now you don't even need to train to know what it feels like. You win!