Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Silver Liningness Sunday

This was a good week.  I enjoyed the break from classes, even though I did have a few things on the schedule, it was nice to have the openings too and to spend time with the fam.

Speaking of which, yesterday my maternal in-laws stopped by for a short visit.  Lunch was good and there was no yelling as with the recent paternal in-law visit.

In other family relations, I've been introduced, through facebook to a couple of my relations on the other side of the planet.  My  mother is from the Phillipines and my dad was an only child, so I didn't grow up with a bunch of cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.

I've "met"  a couple relatives that found me on facebook.  My mom had two brothers that were quite a bit older than her, and a younger brother with whom she was pretty close.  Uncle Max has "oh, lots!" of kids, according to her.

So anyway, my cuz, Boyet seems like lots of fun.  At least his photos indicate that.  When the big typhoon hit the Phillipines a while back I was a bit concerned, but Boyet's good time photos kept coming, so that was nice.

off to graduate



But actually, the first relative I met was Ybarra.  He sent me a friend request, and I was all, "who the heck...?"  But it turned out he's the son of one of my other cousins, so Uncle Max is his Grandpa.  Does anyone know what that makes him and me??  Second Cousins?  Aunt / Nephew something??  Anyway, he's in the same age-range as Chaco and Wolfgang and seems like a real nice kid.

He just got his Bachelor's degree this week, so shout out to "Barry"!






In closer-to-home news, Chaco and I are planning to go shopping for some Power Clothes for him later.  Meego has managed to stretch his haircut out a bit and he's still shaggy as ever, but it's coming off before end of business today!


.

12 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Power clothes? Batman? Superman?

Marcy said...

That's so cool that you are "meeting" relatives through Facebook. Who knows, maybe a reunion someday?

terri said...

How cool to be able to meet relatives from another country. I have relatives right here with whom I've had little or no contact. I'm not sure why, but it seems like maybe my grandparents kept to themselves or something where the relatives were concerned.

Riot Kitty said...

That is so cool! You planning to go visit?

Betty said...

It's so fun to "meet" new family members!

Abby said...

Well, how cool would THAT be?!

Abby said...

That could be fun!

Abby said...

It's funny how we take things that are right in our backyard for granted. That includes relatives too, I guess!

Abby said...

I'd really like to visit... when there's no typhoon.

Abby said...

Especially when they seem so nice :)

Rock Chef said...

Hm, our daughter is creaping into power dressing - just got this wonderful jacket...

Anita said...

I'm going with "first cousin once removed."

Maybe if you can't get to the Philippines, the family will all get together and visit you. How much space you got? :)