Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Silver Liningness Sunday

First of all, a big shout out to Mother Nature.  The weather is Gor-jous, just GOR-jous!  I ran yesterday morning OUTSIDE... in SHORTS!  SQUEEEEEEeeeeeee!

Chaco literally dropped by yesterday.  I was sitting here drawing shoes when I thought I heard Wolfgang return from his run.  Instead it was Chaco.  Apparently the March of Dimes was having some event on the college campus and decided to start by blasting through the speakers at 7:30 am right next to the dorms.  A local news personality purposely fired the crowd up to "wake up the college kids on Saturday morning!".  SO not nice.





It was such a nice day out, though, so Chaco thought he'd go for a hike (since he was awake at such an ungodly hour), and then he just ended up at our house.

Hung out, got sunburned, got me to take him shopping, played with the pets...









Magnum and I watched "Bridesmaids".  I grabbed it off the library DVD shelf.  I thought it might be too chick flickish for Magnum, but I've watched my share of guy movies in the name of motherly sacrifice, so I invited him to watch with me.

I would say that the movie as a whole is just okay, but there are some hilarious moments.  Melissa McCarthy steals the show.   I later learned that the guy who plays the air marshall is her husband in real life.





Wolfgang had another track meet where the relay team set a new PR.  Meego had his first track meet with the middle school.  They've hardly had any practice at all because so much has been cancelled from the weather.  They just sort of winged it.  Gotta start somewhere.

The rest of the week was good and productive.  I'm thinking the wintry weather is behind us?  Is it safe to say that now??
.

14 comments:

terri said...

You're right! We ARE living parallel weather lives. I am not complaining. (I've done enough of that.) I sure hope it is safe to say that the snow and cold is behind us. I really don't think I could handle any more of it. Although, I have to say that there's something pretty cool about living in a place where it was in the mid 70s today and I was outside in my shorts shoveling the last remaining snow and ice out of the shady parts of the yard and tossing it into the sun to melt.

Nice that you got a surprise visit from Chaco and that he let you $pend $ome time with him. He'll probably be home for the summer soon I'm guessing?

Glad to hear that track meets are finally in full swing. I'd guess all of the schools are at an equal disadvantage with the lack of practice, huh? I remember Jake running through the school hallways and up and down the school stairs with his track team back in his high school days. It's really hard to get outside for any spring sport when you live in these climates.

I had the same feeling about Bridesmaids the first time I watched it. I wondered what all the hype was about. I've seen it a few times since and it does seem to get funnier. I don't know why...

Anonymous said...

Your gor-jous weather is headed our way and I'm so excited! Especially since I'll be off Tue and Wed! Thinkin' a motorcycle ride may be in order. Squeeeee!
How nice that Chaco got to enjoy the best part of the day. (IMO) Even if he WAS so rudely awakened.
And surprise! I haven't seen Bridesmaids either. But have you seen the latest Cupcake Wars or The Amazing Race? Action, suspense, drama... SOOO good!

Anonymous said...

I just watched the clip... it SEEMS funny! I may actually try to watch this one. :)

Abby said...

I saw Jake washing cars on your blog and I was thinking, "NO! He's gonna make it SNOW!!"

I got tired of the catfights in Bridesmaids and Kristina Wigg's character was kind of pathetic, but Megan Cracked. Me. UP.

Abby said...

Well, it was such a nice day after a long winter. Chaco should be thanking that news guy!

I'd heard that Bridesmaids was kind of like "The Hangover" only with girls, and I guess that's pretty accurate. I'm glad I didn't spend money to see it, but I was wiping-the-tears-away laughing a few times. And just the name "Cupcake Wars" makes me smile :). Happy motorin'!

Rock Chef said...

Hm, the sort of movie I try to avoid...

Don't talk about the weather being nice yet - ours keeps switching around - we had a massive hail storm the other day!

Nice that Chaco dropped in. I still find it hard to think that he is living on campus when you live so close...

Abby said...

There is not one zombie in Bridesmaids that I was aware of.

Yes, it's kind of funny that Chaco can just go for a hike and end up at home. Parking for the commuters is a pain. There are actually quite a few local kids in the dorms - one step closer to independence. It's like a halfway house.

Rock Chef said...

Yes, I can see the advantages - but that would just not happen over here. More and more students want to live at home and are happy to commute 50 miles or more each day! Guess it is a sign that our education system is getting too damned expensive!

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh, snap! Shorts? Booyah!

And yes…  Melissa McCarthy totally steals the whole movie. But my favorite scene from Bridesmaids is when ‪Kristen Wiig‬ is driving all crazy trying to get the cops attention. I laugh hysterically every single time.

LL Cool Joe said...

I wasn't really into the toilet humour in the film, but I agree there were so extremely funny moments. The bit that got me was the speeches where they tried to out do one another, and then ended up singing together. Very funny.

Anita said...

Are your boys as normal (the good normal) and drama-less as they appear in pics and as spoken about in your posts? They seem like easy kids. That's so nice for you!

Not that mine are t-h-a-t hard, however, a little less drama on occasion would be greatly appreciated.

Glad you all had good weather and an opportunity to get outside without shivering.

Btw, my husband is headed to Denver today (Tues) and he couldn't figure out what kind of clothing to take!

Abby said...

Not sure which attention getter was my fave - maybe when they drove by and made it look like no one was in the car. But yeah, the whole scene is a hoot!

Abby said...

Right! Live butterflies in the bridal shower invites, puppies for shower gifts. Who comes up with this stuff?

Abby said...

The boys are all actually pretty drama-less and relatively low-maintenance now that you mention it. They can be slobs, though. But I'll take that over drama. I don't really do drama, maybe they know.

I hope your husband brought winter clothes!