Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

yesterday


This week's prompt at Illustration Friday is "Yesterday", and I had a hard time coming up with an illustration.  My thoughts kept going back in time, though.  Back to when my kids were little.  Back to when I was little...

Before deciding, though, I consulted with Meego.  I guess he had the same thoughts when he said, "draw a kid".

So be it.

I don't think this little guy is having a fitful sleep, worrying about "grownup" things or regrets.  He's just turning today into yesterday.
.

8 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Ah this is so beautiful. Children grow up so fast. As much as I love the fact that they are teens and young adult, I sometimes wish for a day when they were infants and I was kissing them all over and they did not protest. :)

Anonymous said...

Those days seem like yesterday, don't they? Such sweet innocence! And you captured it so well!

agg79 said...

It doesn't seem all that long ago when they were so young & innocent.
Seems like kids grow up in the blink of an eye. Yesterday they are in diapers, today they are driving. You hold on for as long as you can, but they eventually grow up and get their own lives. Beautiful sketch of innocence. Perfect capture of yesterday.

terri said...

I remember peeking into bedrooms years ago to find that very same scene. Great memories of yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when you see a similar solution created by someone whose work you admire? Admittedly, my wife recommended the rendering of our daughter's baby rattle for my IF post.

Great image, Abby!

meleah rebeccah said...

I am seriously in AWE of your drawing skills. Wow. Just wow.

Claire Wildish said...

Totally perfect!! They run like crazy all day and then when they fall asleep they are totally at peace. Beautiful beautiful illustration!!

Anita said...

I'm always amazed at your ability with faces! I like that he's monochrome, too, so that the focus is totally on him. The blue shading at the bottom is nice, though.