Afterwards, while basking in my success, I went online to get everyone's registrations in order. That was all going quite smoothly too. And then I hit the "fees" tab.
They make it so easy. Just check off the items that apply and then pay the grand finale total. There was the
- you're-a-senior-now fee
- you-ride-a-bus fee
- you're-in-IB fee
- you-participate-in-fall-sports fee
- you-participate-in-band fee
- you-must-have-the-official-planner fee
- you're-required-to-wear-this-shirt-for-PE fee
along with the optional
- better-buy-a-yearbook-or-your-kid-will-be-alienated fee
- buy-school-pics-or-regret-it-forever fee
- load-up-the-lunch-account-so-your-kid-doesn't-starve fee
and last but not least, the
- thank-you-for-paying-your-fees fee
Let me just add the disclaimer that I'm not against paying these fees. I do believe that these extras should be paid for by money not of the "general fund". And there is some success here too. I did not buy the home-game sports pass nor the parking permit. Still, this will be a blip on the credit card screen.
I thought I might be eligible for some sort of discount though. I mean, heck, I'm a crossing guard for this district which practically makes me Superintendent.