Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Silver Liningness Sunday

With it being Memorial Day weekend, it's the unofficial kick-off to summer.  I know the mood around here got a little lighter with the school year coming to an end on Friday. 

A couple of my tutor students are taking a break from summer tutoring, but want me to hold their spots to start up again in the fall.  I like the idea of cutting back my hours in summer, and it's nice to have them lined up already for next year. 

One of the summer break students - the girl with the awesome fishtank - had troubles keeping her work (and thinking!) organized, and her grades reflected that.  She pulled things up by the end and told me that her math teacher now accused her of getting her homework solutions off of the internet because they're so detailed.  HA!  I think that's one of the best feedback comments I've gotten. 
No respect, but oh well.



The foot, she is still not working so good.  I'm still not running, and I'm starting to have running dreams.  But it's made me thankful for what I CAN do.  I can ride the bike and walk without too much of an old lady shuffle.  Then there's my boxing toys...

Plus, I think the foot is starting to feel a little better.  A couple more weeks?  Maybe?



So I'm looking forward to summer daze.  We've got a little road trip planned along with Denver Comic Con(!!).  Other than that, no major plans, but I know it's all good!
.

12 comments:

CiCi said...

Glad your foot is getting better. At least you can ride the bike.
You make me remember how much I liked summer when I was a kid, and then when I had kids they were happy to have time off school but I had to have a babysitter for them for while I worked. One summer all three kids had chicken pox, but one at a time. And I still have never had them. Maybe when I'm 90 my immune system will weaken and I will get the childhood diseases! Anyway, I know you will enjoy your summer.

Scott said...

Best wishes on your foot recovery!

Also, if you are looking forward to summer, I need to move to Colorado! Temperatures are already in the 80's here (round-the-clock), but the humidity is so thick I can almost feel it going in and out my nose!

You are very fortunate!

Rock Chef said...

Maybe you can hop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpaL65TzYv8

agg79 said...

I hope that your foot heels quickly.
I know it sucks not to be able to run, but Rock's got an idea there. Did you ever figure out where it came from? Those new running shoes?

ShadowRun300 said...

Bummer about your foot! :( Still sendin' good vibes your way...
Denver was one of our choices for summer vacation, but I think we're heading to Colorado Springs. The 15 year old boy wants to see the mountains there. I was so happy to get an opinion from someone, that we jumped on it! We'll be there in July.
Enjoy your summer break! Does your foot hurt too much to hike with the boys?

Abby said...

Ha! A Hopathon! I wonder, do they have t-shirts?

Abby said...

Wow, you must have the iron immune system! I've never had chicken pox either. I've heard they can be nasty for adults so I got the vaccine!

Abby said...

I'd be such a whiner in Florida right now...

Abby said...

I think it was a combination of wearing far too worn-out shoes followed by wearing shoes of the devil. There is a lot to be said for proper footwear...

Abby said...

The foot is okay with hiking. I think it's just the high-impact stuff that's not to its liking (hey, that rhymes).

I'll be in Colorado Springs in July too - in fact, I'm there right now! Will this be the year I get to meet a blog friend in person??

ShadowRun300 said...

Wait. Do you live in Colorado Springs??? I did not know this! Hmmm..... we may have to talk.... :)

terri said...

You are a tutor in demand! It's nice to see that you can make it work in your favor.

Sorry to hear the foot's still not back to normal. If it makes you feel any better, I can't do my boxing gig this summer. Bowling conflicts with it, and you know... bowling IS priority.