Week two of summer break. Last week, I did quite a bit of catching up on things, and I'm rather enjoying this week by not doing a whole lot of anything. In fact, my mom called this morning and we had a short conversation:
Mom: Hi Abby, are you in Arizona?
Me: No. Arizona is on fire
Mom: I know, that's why I called. I thought you said something about going to Arizona.
Me: Well, we were, but not this week. Magnum has some training at work, plus, Arizona is on fire.
Mom: Oh, I see. I asked Dad if it was now you were going to Arizona, but he didn't know anything about that, just said, 'Arizona?! Why on earth would they go to Arizona?!'
(I did tell them both that we were going to Arizona... good old Mom)
Me: Yep, you're right. We were planning a trip, but not for this week. Plus, Arizona is on fire.
Mom: I was in Pueblo yesterday, and we couldn't see the mountains.
Me: I know, it's really smokey here too, because Arizona is on fire.
Mom: Well, I'm glad you're not in Arizona.
Me too. I'm having enough troubles dealing with the smoke in Colorado from the fact that Arizona is on fire. I can only imagine what it's like in the actual Arizona. We are currently rethinking our road trip plans.
But in the meantime, I'm just enjoying some lazy days. Blame it on smoke-in-the-atmosphere sloth, but it's not total sloth. For instance, in the past few days:
- I've purchased 2 shirts for myself. Cool ones for summer. I needed them, really.
- I've checked out 2 books from the library and have actually read large parts of them.
- Chaco has peeled large expanses of dead skin from his sunburned body.
- Wolfgang has lost neither part nor all of his new pair of running shoes.
- Meego has kept half of the neighborhood armed from his nerf gun arsenal.
- Magnum goes to work and supports all of this decadent activity.
Why on earth would we go to Arizona?