Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Silver Liningness Sunday

Firstly, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

Okay, it is a "Hallmark holiday", and we don't do anything special around here for Mother's Day, but I am certainly thankful for my own Dear Mom, so it's worth mentioning on silver liningness Sunday.

<--She's the best! That's her with me and my brother Wombat. I was the third kid, so it's nearly impossible to find a pic of just her and me. *sigh*.

Also, this week I'm thankful for real food. Recall last week I had that tonsillar abscess thing, which makes it difficult to (1) open one's mouth to any appreciable amount of openness, and (2) chew and swallow. So I was mushing everything up with liquids, like is done with old sick dogs. Ever have peanut butter samwich soup? Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I started a new class this weekend. A real brick-and-mortar class, as opposed to the online style. Yes, online is convenient, and I only need to dress from the waist up, but I enjoy the face-to-face interraction of the classroom. And these new faces seem like a fun bunch.

And the Run With Lumberness continues. Yes, the actual running is only just the start. Afterwards is when the money starts rolling in, and rolling in it has! I collected a bunch.

That laptop that was dead? It lives! I dubbed it "Lazarus the Laptop". (On a sidenote: only 1/3 of our kids was vaguely familiar with the namesake of Lazarus - a dilemma I'm pondering, but for another blog post).

Did I mention that we paid off our mortgage? YEAH HUH!!
.

5 comments:

terri said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! Glad to hear Lazarus has risen from the dead. My kids' laptop is out of commission too... but it just needs a new cord.

brandy101 said...

you paid off the mortgage!!!!????

Wow, you need to have a mortgage burning party!

I didn't know you weren't feeling well - so sorry to hear about that. Hope its almost all better.

Whodat? said...

Yer mom's not that tall, is she :-)
Most just-learned-to-walk toddlers are knee-high at best; you're practically waist-high!

Anita said...

I love old photos..."treasures" as they say. Everyone's lookin' sharp in their
'60's attire. :)

I can't really tell, but you mom looks like she might have a pinch of Asian genes?

Scott said...

Real food--that's something I miss from my childhood. My mom was (and still is) a wonderful cook. But I snubbed the excellent meals she made--lured away by Ronald McDonald (somebody shoot that clown!) and the Burger King (who was an actual person in those days--not this bizarre, disturbingly weird mask of today).

Anyway, now I long for those meals I snubbed as a kid--and I order the same kind of nourishing, healthy food whenever I go to a restaurant.

By the way, that's a nice photo--you're mom was very pretty!