Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Music

I was gonna do some paperwork after tuting this morning. I've got a pretty full tutee schedule up until Thanksgiving Thursday.  What is with all these studious kids that want to "take advantage" of their break to get in some tutin'?!

Well, I am thankful for them, for their work ethics and for keeping me on my toes.  And... well... the money.

But it's nice to have a break too.  I started listening to some sexy music, and it pushed me to the right side of my brain and wanting to play with my art toys instead of do paperwork.

This week's prompt at Illustration Friday is "music", so it seemed like divine intervention.  All that inktobering made for a rocky transition to pencils. 


Meego got home last night.  Magnum drove up and picked him up from college.  I was tuting, so held down the fort.  It's nice to have Meego home for the week.  He got a new amp for his guitar, and it was good to hear that sound in the house again.

And he needs a haircut.

Last week while out and about, I came across coyotes on two separate ocassions.  It seems they've returned amid the bunny bounty we have around here.  I have noticed a decrease in the bunny population.  I find coyotes pretty cool - so stealth and lithe - as long as they stay afraid of humans. If they start showing up with ACME anvils and stuff, though...



7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Acme Anvils...too funny!

Did you draw the header here? Wow Abby you're very talented. I have not a single talent, except to be able to appreciate others 😊

Linda Hensley said...

Nice drawing. Maybe Inktober is succeeding in its mission of getting people to keep making art into November? I could use some coyotes to wipe out my groundhogs.

LL Cool Joe said...

You said you were listening to some sexy music, are you sure it was art toys you were playing with?

OMG you are going to block me now!

Abby said...

Margaret/Peggy/Peg, thanks but I know you have many talents! And actually, the header is from a photo my son took and doctored a bit for the blog. He stopped traffic in order to take it...

Linda, my sketchbooks definitely collected too much dust before Inktober. I do like coyotes, but understand why farmers hate them - and the cat better stay smart.

Joey - HA, You caught that! For this, you are forever not blocked.

ShadowRun300 said...

Happy Thanksgiving break to you! Hopefully your tutees will allow you some time off to spend with your family. Gonna cook a chicken? :)

Chatty Crone said...

You are really quite talented. Glad your son is home from school for a visit.

Abby said...

SR300, yes, the tutees would rather spend Thanksgiving with their families than with me. We're at my sis-in-law's, tasked with providing beer and dessert. Whadya think, chicken for dessert?

Chatty, thanks, it's nice having him here - making his messes like the good old days.