Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

do all the things!

Summer is coming! What are you most looking forward to?

Y'all know I took a part-time line position in lunch lady land instead of a supervisory position that was offered because I wanted to get a better feel for the biz before committing further?  My "trial period" just ended today, and it was interesting to observe and assess while in the role of "Fiesta Lady!" aka SO Much Mexican Food! As I ponder next steps, one thing I'm looking forward to is:

1.  Not cooking and serving a bazillion nachos / tacos/ burritos

While I enjoyed the shenanigans and camaraderie of my coworkers and had fun with the kids, there was not a day that went by where I neither thought nor said out loud, "this is NOT rocket science!" - usually several times. This brings me to my next point:


2.  Getting my geek on


Now that it's summer, when many give their brains a rest, I'm looking forward to jump starting mine. This morning I ordered a book so as to learn a new-to-me programming language, recommended by Chaco.  I may not end up doing rocket science, but maybe I can pretend to approach rocket science's  neighborhood.

Summer is also P.E.O. state convention time, and Colorado is gearing up for hers in a couple of weeks, where I look forward to


3.  Being a nobody at convention

For the past two summers, I've attended convention as our chapter delegate.  So I sat through ALL the meetings and voted on ALL the proposals and ate ALL the meals and slept badly ALL the nights because of ALL sister Susan's snoring...

...really, I love Susan, but man, she can saw a log!  And she loves going to convention, delegate or no.

Many parts of convention are fun, however, and this year, I am not chapter delegate!  I do plan to visit the convention, and mainly just do fun stuff 😊 then go home and sleep in my own bed. And through that restful sleep, I hope to


4.  Laugh in the faces of my allergies

I've been getting these allergy injections for several months now, and I've noticed some imporovement, but they haven't yet been fully put to the test.  But summer's nearly in full bloom.  Bring it on!

5.  Go someplace I've never been

I feel like I haven't had a decent getaway in so long.  I WILL get one in before summer's out!

In short, I am looking forward to a fulfilling and productive summer!  Although... that may be easier said than done, judging from past experience.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Mama Kat for the prompt:
5. Summer is coming! What are you most looking forward to?

13 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

Putting the winter coat away and enjoying outside more. I hope the shots work perfectly for you. Enjoy your studies!

ShadowRun300 said...

Sounds like great summer plans! I’m worried my summer is going to be over before I get to do anything fun. But I sure would love to climb a mountain. And ride a couple hundred miles on a new bike (ugh). And perhaps seal the deal with another hotel somewhere, anywhere, other than here.

Abby said...

Winter coat (gloves, hats, scarves...) are in the stash! So far, so good with the allergies.

Abby said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Paula Kiger said...

This is awesome! I haven't had a getaway in forever either. May we both get our wishes.

Abby said...

Good luck! I already know where I want to go, I just gotta go.

LL Cool Joe said...

Well your list looks doable. I hope all your wishes and plans come true. You've talked about a getaway for years now! You must do it!

Abby said...

I know right? Talk is cheap!

Janie Junebug said...

I hate to say it, but I don't look forward to anything about summer. It gets so hot I think I'll melt. I love it when October arrives.

Love,
Janie

Janie Junebug said...

P.S. How do I follow you? I don't see a followers button or a follow by email option.

Abby said...

We had a very hot weekend, I'm already whining for October.
Added the follower button that I probably inadvertently dumped sometime along the way!

KatBouska said...

I try to avoid the sun at all costs, but other than that I'm really looking forward to summer too. Are you going back to the same position in the fall?

Abby said...

Nope, fall will bring something different. What that is, I'm not sure!