Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

a new find and no surprises

"That's kinda creepy"

"Okay, but other than 'creepy', what are your thoughts?"

Thinking... thinking... thinking...  All I could think was "creepy"

Magnum and I joined a different gym last weekend.  It's cheaper than the high-falutin' gym we'd belonged to, and it's located right in our neighborhood.  The high-falutin' place is nice, and the high price is justified because it has a lot of amenities we never utilized.  So far, I like the new place.

As part of our membership, we get two free 3D body scans along with a "fitness profile" generated by the scan.

Welp, okay.



So I had my initial 3D scan fitness profile earlier this week.  I managed to find my way to the women's locker room and then find the scanner/advisor person.

The whole procedure didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know...

...which is that I have no curves.




With that out of the way, I could get down the business of finding my way around.

I found the gear shop. 

I found the smoothie bar.

I found the healthy power snacks

One of these days, I might actually exercise there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking up again with Mama Kat for the prompt:
4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: found



10 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

If it makes you fell better I think my body scan would llook the same - no curves.
How high-falutin’ was your first gym, if your second gym has a smoothie bar, and healthy power snacks and a gear shop? Because compared to mine, THAT is high-falutin’.

Madamdreamweaver said...

That "One of these days you might actually exercise there," caught me off guard with a laugh. Funny.

John Holton said...

Maybe you could just hang out on one of the recumbent bikes and watch TV.

We joined a gym a while back, and it didn't do a damn thing for us. I'm a little sour on the whole experience.

Gem said...

Hahaha! As far as snacks go my gym sells protein powder and provides water! hahaha! Good way to keep us focused I suppose. Now get thee to the gym and get your monies worth! :)

Abby said...

The high-falutin' gym had all the stuff and on a big bright scale. It's toned down at the less-falutin'!

Abby said...

I do PLAN on it :)

Abby said...

Yep, sure could!
Sorry about your experience. Around here, there seems to be a "healthy" competition among gyms that keeps them on the up and up.

Abby said...

It's pretty basic at this new place. Our previous gym had a big pricey cafe... across from the hair salon...

Linda Hensley said...

Congrats to Wolfgang. I love his medal :) I drove past an exercise place and actually gave it at least 90 seconds of serious consideration. Had I known smoothies were part of things I might have considered it for another 90 seconds.

KatBouska said...

It would make for a really great Tinder profile pic though...