Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

getting high and saving the world

nom nom nom nom



Happy belated Father's Day to all the good dads out there!

My own dad was a very practical man, who didn't much care for Hallmark holidays.  But he was a great dad and wearer of impressive pocket protectors.

Back here on earth and in the near present, the guys came by and we all got out for a bit of nature.  Thankfully, no one wore a pocket protector.

Taken while crouched in a cubbie in the fetal position

For some reason, they must find the highest rock with the steepest drop-off.  See Chaco's shoes?  Apparently my acrophobia is strong enough that I don't even have to be the one in the high place to start needing to do my Lamaze breathing.

Since I couldn't bear to watch, I distracted myself by looking for a nearby geocache.





Maybe the guys figured the rock climbing wasn't as fun if I wasn't freaking out, so they joined a bit in the hunt and Chaco found the dang thing among so many good hiding places.









So it was a productive and adventurous time, and how 'bout that blue sky?

On Saturday, Meego, Magnum, and I went to see Wonder Woman and enjoyed it.  She is, of course, a badass, but there is one aspect of the movie which left me wondering, "THAT is the choice for [spoiler]??" because it wasn't really working for me. For those who have seen the movie, I wonder your thoughts, but for those who've not seen it, I won't get into it.  But it certainly was not a deal breaker.

I found the movie to be quite artsy as well as actiony.  All in all, a good way to spend the afternoon.  Thumbs up.


8 comments:

Jimmy said...

I haven't seen Wonder Woman yet, but looking at the guys climbing all of the rocks it appears you are getting more action scenes outside :)

Abby said...

Gosh, you're right Jimmy. I'M Wonder Woman!

ShadowRun300 said...

I looked for a LONG time and finally saw Chaco's shoes. No wonder you were freaking out!
Our Father's Day celebration did not compare in the least. I feel bad, because my hubby certainly deserves father of the year this time around. Although, he would much prefer our nothingness to climbing out on a cliff!

Abby said...

I know just how the hubby feels. Happy belated Father's Day to him! The hike was nice otherwise, and I tell myself the cliffhanging is good for my "growth" or something like that.

Morgan Cartwright said...

I finally found the shoes! My kids do that to me too!

What is this Wonder Woman spoiler? I guess I should give in and go see it. :)

Abby said...

I didn't see the shoes until after I saw the photo on my computer. Probably a good thing. Wonder Woman was good, if nothing else the theater has air conditioning!

Lori said...

It freaks me out when my kids are daredevils like that. As for Wonder Woman - their choice for what? What?? I'm curious! I saw it and loved her badass self too. Especially that her hair and makeup looked fabulous even after she kicked Nazi ass.

Abby said...

*it was Ares. I mean, I know he had to be disguised, so that was okay. But once we knew it was HIM, he shoulda transformed into something more Ares-like instead of keeping on looking like the same dude IMHO*
But other than that, all was fine. I think her title is Wonder Woman because all the women Wonder how she keeps herself so put together through all that mayhem!